Holiday tips for Bentota Villa Holidays.
Activities to do in Bentota Beach.
Best time to visit: November to end of April
Conveniently located not far from the airport and Colombo, Bentota and its nearby beaches of Induruwa and Beruwala represent the most developed and exploited beaches by the tourism industry.
The West Coast, in fact, is home to the largest hotel chains and resorts, making this the ideal destination for families looking for comfort, quick connection with the airport and loads of restaurants and tourist attractions.
However, Most of the villas have a private setting, where you can enjoy the villa holidays with total privacy. If you are looking for an authentic Sri Lankan experience far from the mass tourism and off-the beaten track, we recommend you to travel further south and head to Tangalle Beach.
Bentota is also ideal for water sports, great nature excursions (visit turtle hatcheries or toddy tapers) and with one of the finest stretches of beach on the West Coast of Sri Lanka.
Top things to do in Bentota
- Wind Surfing, Kite Surfing, Water Skiing, Jet Ski, Banana Boat Ride, Tube Ride
- Speed Boat Tours
- SCUBA Diving
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Lagoon Fishing
- Bentota Bicycle Tour
- Fishing Harbor Beruwela
- Helicopter rides and tours
- Beruwela Lighthouse
- Exploring bawa’s lunuganga gardens In Bentota (Bawa Trails, Brief Garden and Lunuganga)
- Nisala Arana Sri Lankan Dinner, Devil Dance & Cocktails
- Traditional Catamaran trips
- River Safari Boat Trips
- Ayurveda treatments and Massages (Most villas can arrange)
- Galle fort Day Excurisons
- Madu river Boar Safari
- Amabalangoda Mass museums
- Spa and Luxury Spas in the Fort
- Hire a Private Yoga instructor or visit a Yoga class nearby
- Gastronomic experiences