Holiday tips when staying on Villa Holidays
Sri Lanka villas Galle things to do:
Top things to do in Galle Fort and Talpe (Thalpe) when you rent a Villa in Sri Lanka.
Period to visit: November to April and June to October (for the beaches). Galle Fort: All year round.
Galle is the perfect combination of history, Culture, great shopping, high quality restaurants, tropical feel and colourful beaches. One of the most important landmarks is by far the Galle Fort (Declared World Heritage by UNESCO), a walled town built by the Portuguese in the 16th Century and lately taken over by the Dutch in 1640. In 1796, Galle fell into the British control.
A few minutes from the ancient walls of Galle Fort is located Unawatuna beach, one of the most famous beaches of Sri Lanka for the young crowd looking for some nightlife but also for families and snorkellers who are looking for a quiet sea. In fact, the beach is protected by a coral reef that makes swimming very safe. Other beaches next to Galle are Talpe beach (“the millionaires stretch”), where many Sri Lankan Luxury Villas (see below the Villas located in this area) are located and the more peaceful Koggala, with long stretches of golden sand and palm-fringed beaches.
Top things to do in Galle (Fort) and Talpe (thalpe)
Mirissa and Weligama are sister towns on the opposite sides of the Weligama Bay.
- 30 minutes from Galle Fort lies the Handunugoda Tea Estate (The estate is known as the Virgin White Tea Factory)-koggala.
- Kanneliya rainforest trek with lunch in a lake (Neatly tucked away just 35km away from Galle)
- Private yoga classes
- Traditional mask making workshop/factory Visit -Ambalangoda
- Madu River Boat Safari-Visiting the Cinnamon Villages with a Boat ride
- Surf (Surf-idyllic spot Midigama), Dive, whale watching, Swim and snorkel.
- Regatta-style boat racing
- Sundown cruise on a luxury yacht
- Boat rides (Bertram 54, Luxury Trimaran, Luxury Cruiser, Ordinary Single Haul and Private Boat)
- Whale and dolphin watching by private catamaran
- Stand-Up Paddle boarding in Weligama/Water sports Etc
- Galle Fort visit
- Spa and Luxury Spas in the Fort
- Gastronomic experiences (Cooking lessons)