The Galle Literary Festival 2017
A unmissable event if you are in Sri Lanka from 11th to 15th January 2017.
The Galle Literary Festival, since first launched in 2007, has become one of the most recognized literary events in South East Asia, not only for the authors, but also for the literary enthusiasts around the world. The Fairway Galle Literary Festival will start in January, 2017 and it is the place where famous contributors from Sri Lanka and around the world, from various backgrounds as authors, story writers, poets, artists, singers, entertainers, scientist, architects, anthropologist, historians and culinary specialist gather.
It is also a time to take advantage for short holidays in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is the best place to spend Christmas on the beach and the southern beaches in Sri Lanka are perfect until the end of April, with no monsoon rain and to escape a cold winter.
Renting a Beach Villa or a Galle Fort Villa in Sri Lanka during the The Fairway Galle Literary Festival is an ideal option, for those who seek to enjoy the Festival combined with even a short Villa Holiday. Imagine, after all the time in the festival, it would be ideal to feel a home away from home with full privacy to yourself, and a fully staffed villa catering to all your wishes.
And if it is a Beach Villa, then nothing like enjoying your sun downers in a tropical beach, hearing the sounds of the waves.
What to expect from the 2017 edition.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival (FGLF) will take Place on the above shown dates, the festival will feature 110 Events, which includes their very popular MAS Children’s Programme. The festival will take place in the Galle Fort, Sri Lanka. You can find out more about the festival by visiting their Official Website.
What to Expect
Festival participants will have interesting discussions, debates, panels, literary awards, tea and poetry readings, cookery demonstrations, gourmet events, performances and live music events to enjoy. FGLF will also be introducing a day of FREE Sinhala programming, as a festival first, followed by an outreach Children’s Programme in Jaffna on the 17th & 18th of January 2017.
I have spoken at dozens of book festivals around the world, and Galle was perhaps the most welcoming and memorable. Please invite us back.” – Professor Richard Dawkins (Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2012).
Where to Stay During the Galle Literary Festival 2017.
Enjoy the Fairway Galle Literary Festival by staying with wonderful Villas in the Galle Fort or staying close to the Galle Fort Like Talpe, Mirissa and Weligama. Check out our portfolio of Villas in the Galle Fort and nearby places. Or ask us about some tailor made tours in Sri Lanka or even find your personalised drivers and Guides for tours around Sri Lanka. Hotels other than villas can include, boutique hotels, resorts near Galle.
Top things to do in Galle Fort and Talpe Beach.
- 30 minutes from Galle Fort lies the Handunugoda Tea Estate (The estate is known as the Virgin White Tea Factory)-koggala.
- Kanneliya Rainforest trek with lunch in a lake ( Neatly tucked away just 35km away from Galle)
- Private yoga classes
- Traditional mask making workshop/factory Visit -Ambalangoda
- Madu River Boat Safari-Visiting the Cinnamon Villages with a Boat ride
- Surf (Surf-idyllic spot Midigama), Dive, whale watching, Swim and snorkel.
- Regatta style boat racing
- Sundown cruise on a luxury yacht
- Boat rides (Bertram 54, Luxury Trimaran, Luxury Cruiser, Ordinary Single Haul and Private Boat)
- Whale and dolphin watching by private catamaran
- Stand-Up Paddle boarding in Weligama/Water sports Etc
- Galle fort visit
- Spa and Luxury Spas in the Fort
- Gastronomic experiences (Cooking lesson at Amarasighe’s Guest House)
For more information on excursions, things to do and Villa Rentals in Galle, contact us.