Holiday tips for Mirissa Villa Holidays.
Top things to do in Weligama when you rent a Villa in Sri Lanka.
Best time to visit: October to end of April
You could say Mirissa is the best beach in the south, surrounded by lush green vegetation and a very wide beach. Now the beach is becoming very popular: as a result it is not anymore a secret hideaway place. Still, Mirissa is a much more peaceful alternative to its close neighbour Unawatuna Beach.
The Beach is one of the best beaches in the South Coast of Sri Lanka for swimming, but it is an ideal place to try some water sports, such as Swimming, Snorkelling or surfing.
From December to April, the monsoon hits the eastern coast. So the Southern Coast is at its best: you can try some Whale and Dolphin watching expedition or spot sea turtles laying eggs.
Top things to do in Mirissa
Mirissa and Weligama are sister towns on the opposite sides of the Weligama Bay.
- Surf (Surf-idyllic spot Midigama), Dive, whale watching, Swim and snorkel.
- Regatta style boat racing
- Sundown cruise on a luxury yacht
- Boat rides (Bertram 54, Luxury Trimaran, Luxury Cruiser, Ordinary Single Haul and Private Boat)
- Whale and dolphin watching by private catamaran
- Stand-Up Paddle boarding in Weligama/Water sports Etc
- Galle Fort visit
- Spa and Luxury Spas in the Fort
- Hire a Private Yoga instructor or visit a Yoga class nearby
- Gastronomic experiences
- Visit a Snake farm
- Drive inland to a Tea estate