Villa 23 | Mirissa | 5 bedrooms
Luxury Family Villa in Mirissa, Sri Lanka
A 5-bedroom Beach Villa in Mirissa, South Coast of Sri Lanka. Sleeps max 8 adults + 2 children.
Christmas and New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December
This luxury Villa in Mirissa sits proudly on a clifftop filled with palm trees, enjoying exceptional elevated south facing ocean views. Enter the gardens from the main gate and meander along a herringbone path through the trees, to emerge at a breath-taking view of the Indian Ocean. The grand front door beckons you forward onto the vast teak planks. The gardens are terraced, and four of the five bedrooms share the top terrace with the sitting room and large veranda, whilst the fifth bedroom is accessed from a lower level terrace.
On entering the house, four large arches dominate the high ceiling in the main living room, creating a unique space, separated by antique furniture and comfy sofas. Hanging from the centre of the ceiling is a large iron chandelier adding to the grandeur. Extending out from the main living space towards the Indian Ocean is a veranda, decked with a dining table, wicker furniture and an appealing day bed… the ideal spot to lap up the view. Distance to airport: approximately 2:45 hrs, depending on traffic.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront. Steps wind down to another garden with a private wooden gate, leading out to the beach.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Madiha Beach, 5 mins tuk-tuk ride from the villa. Good for experienced surfers. Alternatively, Mirissa Beach break 10 mins drive, good surfing for all levels.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: 10 minutes drive (Mirissa Beach).
The Villa has 5 air-conditioned bedrooms:
BEDROOM 1 (KING SIZE): King size four-poster bed with mosquito net, AC, ceiling fan, sea views, ensuite bathroom with shower, private garden with bathtub pavilion.
BEDROOM 2 (DOUBLE): Double four-poster bed with mosquito net, AC, ceiling fan, sea views, ensuite bathroom with shower.
BEDROOM 3 (DOUBLE): Double four-poster bed with mosquito net, AC, ceiling fan, ensuite bathroom with bathtub & shower.
BEDROOM 4 (TWIN): Twin four-poster beds with mosquito nets, AC, ceiling fan, ensuite bathroom with shower.
BEDROOM 5 (DOUBLE): Elongated room below the house with a double four-poster bed with mosquito net, AC, ceiling fan, garden access, relaxed seating area, ensuite bathroom with shower.
Overview: This is one of THE most exclusive villas on the island due to its incredible cliff-top location. Off the beaten track, well away from the main road and next to a functioning Temple. If you are looking for peace and relaxation, villa # 23 will satisfy. Good staff with an experienced chef. Well maintained. Although there is an open pond and an un-fenced pool, the house is child friendly.
Things to be aware of: The bedrooms and bathrooms could do with an upgrade to match the view. The guest beds are queen size and the Lower Ground bedroom is a spillover, as this room is normally used as a Library. The sea can be rough out of season. Children need to be supervised in pool/on beach. Beach is small and not good for swimming. The villa is approx. 50 mins from Galle.
The positives: Exclusive and relaxing. Close to the beautiful Mirissa beach, with beach bars and seasonally safe sea and swimming. Good and experienced staff and chef. Owner-managed. Two meditation pavilions on the clifftop overlooking the ocean. Infinity edge lap pool. South facing.
This Villa is rented on Villa only basis. Comes with a private chef who is capable of western and local dishes and payment is on an ingredients only basis + transport. Read more about general Villa meal policies in Sri Lanka.
- Sitting / Dining room: Open plan. High ceiling. Sofa. Dining table. Overhead fans.
- TV room: Small room on the mezzanine level. Sat TV / DVD.
- Terrace: Dining table and wicker armchairs. Overhead fans. Sea views.
- Sunrise / sunset / meditation / siesta pavilions: Two private cliff side pavilions with seating.
- Swimming pool: Rectangular tiled. Infinity edge with sun loungers at each end.
- Yoga pavilion: Lower garden level with direct access to the beach.
- Kitchen/staff quarters: Fully equipped modern kitchen and separate staff quarters.
- This is a family villa, although not ideal for small children: steep steps to the beach, sea not safe for swimming. However, there are plenty of beaches nearby in Mirissa for safe Swimming
- Terraced gardens
- Meditation pavilions and Yoga shala
- Chef and house staff
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Special rates available if rented by 3 or 4 bedrooms (Not applicable during Peak Season).
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am – Always check at the time of booking.
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.