A luxury Colonial five-bedroom Villa in Koggala with a pool
Sleeps: 10 people. Ten minutes to Habaraduwa Beach. (4 king-bedded rooms; 1 queen bedroom) Additional 3 single mattresses are available on request (for children; no charge).A hilltop villa in Koggala, Sri Lanka.
PRICES: From US$ 441.00 to US$ 750.00 per night (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price.
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Situated majestically on a hill bathed in vegetation, Villa 100 Pooja Kanda is a tranquil five-bedroom villa just ten minutes’ inland from the beach at Habaraduwa on Sri Lanka’s south coast, close to historic Galle. Wide verandas, cool wraparound balconies, arched doorways and lofty beamed ceilings characterise this serene Dutch-colonial style villa that’s perfect for groups and families looking to connect and unwind. The Villa’s tranquility is further enhanced by a garden enlivened by birdsong, squirrels and inquisitive monkeys. The villa is fully staffed and comes with a swimming pool, an air-conditioned TV room and a fully equipped kitchen.
What to expect in this Koggala holiday Villa rental?
Set in two acres of private gardens bursting with crimson heliconia and blushing bougainvillea, the villa is incredibly serene. Languish on rattan daybeds on the veranda or pluck a book from the library, lie back on the cushioned loungers beside the swimming pool and let your worries melt away. Children will be kept happy with endless rounds of hide and seek in the garden, a game of cricket on the front lawn perhaps, or a competition to count the monkeys swinging through the branches above. The villa is well-equipped for families and the cosy TV room is perfect for those rare rainy days. The staff team will ensure you feel very much at home and want for nothing. At the end of the day, sip freshly concocted sundowners until the evening sky turns a deep indigo blue and then enjoy some of our chef’s home cooking – sure to be a highlight of your stay.
Villa’s location is blissfully secluded, yet the region’s picturesque beaches are less than ten minutes drive away. The UNESCO-certified Dutch fort of Galle – a living museum – serene Koggala Lake, lowland tea and cinnamon plantations, turtle hatcheries, spice gardens and a medley of great restaurants and shops are also close by.
Spread across two floors of a charming Dutch-colonial style building, Villa Pooja Kanda has five bedrooms – two of which are at ground level – and offers generous living and dining space, including an air-conditioned TV room, a library and an equipped kitchen. Each bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom and shares views of the garden through graceful arched doors. The ground-floor living areas spill effortlessly onto a deep fan-cooled veranda that breezily wraps around the front of the house and is furnished with rattan loungers.
- Living room with multiple sets of elegant arched doorways spilling onto the front veranda, furnished with sofa, day beds, and table with four chairs;
- Fan-cooled dining room with wooden dining table for eight
- Fully equipped kitchen;
- Air-conditioned TV room with built-in sofas and 42-inch Satellite TV
- Swimming pool (10 x 7m) fringed by lush foliage, veranda and deck chairs
- Al fresco, glass-topped dining table for six on back veranda
- Billowing gardens filled with frolicking monkeys and birdsong
- Small outdoor dining table in verdant jungle setting
- Stone steps leading to a high rocky outcrop with built-in seat
- Wide, pillared verandas encircling both floors of the villa
The five bedrooms are all air-conditioned and furnished with romantic four-poster beds dressed in the crispest cotton sheets and canopied by soft mosquito nets. The spacious ground-floor master bedroom and connecting queen-bedded guestroom open onto the rear veranda and are suitable for families. Both benefit from contemporary bathrooms finished in smooth terrazzo and fitted with rain showers (the master ensuite also has a freestanding bathtub).
On the first floor, accessed via a winding staircase, are three further guestrooms encircled by a balcony walkway. Light and airy, these bedrooms also come with contemporary ensuite bathrooms with hot water showers. The largest of them sits at the top of the stairs and includes an anteroom that can be furnished with a cot or a single bed (up to two extra beds are available for children for no additional charge).
MASTER BEDROOM (Ground Floor): Interconnected to Bedroom 2, making these rooms an ideal family suite; Super king-size bed draped in mosquito netting; Lush garden views; Furnished with wardrobe and sofa; Ensuite with hot water shower and bathtub; Air-conditioned.
BEDROOM TWO: Located on the ground floor adjacent to the master bedroom; King-size four-poster bed draped in mosquito netting; Lush garden views; Air-conditioned; Ensuite bathroom with hot water shower.
FIRST FLOOR BEDROOMS: Three air-conditioned bedrooms are located on the first floor; Four-poster beds; Encircled by shady balcony; Light and airy with arched doors framing serene garden views; Air-conditioned; With twin sinks and hot water showers.
A selection of Western and Sri Lankan dishes is available. Special requests can be accommodated (including special diets). The meals are on ingredients cost after the presentation of groceries bills. payment is on an ‘ingredients only’ basis + transport. For more information on how it works, read more about Villa Meal Policy in Sri Lanka.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- SWIMMING POOL: 8.1 x 7.5 x 1.5m.
- WiFi internet; telephone for local calls.
- 42-inch flat-screen TV with satellite connection; iPod docking station; books; games.
- SPA: Villa staff will arrange for a trained masseuse to come to the property at a prearranged time at your request.
- FAMILIES: The Villa is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; car seat; books; games; pool fencing; stair gates, playpen, baby monitor and changing mat.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: From US$ 441.00 to US$ 750.00 per night (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
|PERIOD||USD / NIGHT||USD/NIGHT (7+ NIGHTS)||MIN NIGHTS|
|01 May to 30 Jun||490.00||441.00||2|
|01 Jul to 31 Aug||595.00||536.00||3|
|01 Sep to 30 Nov||490.00||441.00||2|
|01 Dec to 19 Dec||595.00||536.00||3|
|20 Dec to 03 Jan 2022||750.00||713.00||5|
Christmas/New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December. (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
- Peak (Xmas & NY): 7 Nights or 14 nights only.
- High, Mid, Low: 2/3 Nights
Meals: The villa is largely given on a self-catering basis and comes with a housekeeper who will help with breakfast as well as clean the house and rooms.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Breakfast included in the rates.
- Rates for 1 to 3 bedrooms available. Please contact us for more information.
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“Perfect & peaceful villa for a family holiday” – Date of stay: January 2019
“We had a family re union & spent two amazing weeks there in Jan 2019. The Villa was better than expected & the staff was the icing on the cake. Nothing was too hard & they did everything with a smile. Loku the property manages was very helpful & went the extra mile, chef Sunanda dished out amazing meals day after day, not one average meal in 2 weeks. Chaminda the house manager & Kumudu were excellent & I can’t say enough about how they looked after us & made everything feel special.
The beach was a 20 min walk or a 8 min Tuk ride. The house was really a relaxing place for a large family with lots of space to spread out. It tucked away from the busy streets on a little hilltop overlooking the treetops. Relaxing & excellent.”
“A beautiful place to stay” – Date of stay: December 2018
“We stayed here for just two nights and loved it. The villa is so spacious and there are several places to sit and enjoy either some quiet time or each other’s company. There were nine of us in our group (two families) and we used each of the five very decent-sized bedrooms, as well as the air-conditioned tv room with the oversized couch. Everything is clean and well cared for, which is no mean feat given the open plan nature of the villa. The staff are also very attentive and the meals they prepared and served for us were very nice and very well presented. The pool and it’s surroundings are fantastic. We also loved the special Christmas lights and decorations. The grounds are immaculate and there are board games available as well as a range of books to choose from to pass the time. The wifi was also very good. The villa also offers a free laundry service which was very much appreciated. Loku and Rob are excellent managers/hosts, and Loku was kind enough to arrange a whale watching tour for us, and she also accompanied us to Mirissa harbour to make sure our driver found the right place and boat! The chef also packed a small breakfast for us all that day given the early start. This was such a peaceful place to stay – I would definitely stay again and recommend to others. “