Villa 110 | Kandy Yoga Retreat Villa | 10 bedrooms
A Luxury Yoga Retreat Villa with 10 bedrooms in Kandy, Central Sri Lanka.
Conceived and designed to offer escape and exploration in the hills of central Sri Lanka. The perfect location for private Yoga Retreats.
Sleeps up to 18 guests.
On the shores of the Victoria Lake and by the foothills of the Knuckles Mountains, its setting is remote, wild and peaceful, yet accessible and still much in touch with the Sri Lankan community that gives the hill country its soul. This property is an idyllic sanctuary providing all you need to escape and explore, to relax and rejuvenate, and to enjoy a healthy, active and balanced way of life.
Built along an exposed rock-face, the main house offers four bedrooms with private balconies, a dining room with a central communal dining table, a reading room with views across the lake, a juice bar and an outdoor-indoor living space with more private dining and seating areas. Two more bedrooms sit in a separate guest-house at the far end of the property. And a further pair of large rooms offer group accommodation – laid out for those happy to share their space in mind. All rooms have large private bathrooms and views through and over the tree canopy toward Victoria Lake and the surrounding jungle inspired gardens.
- Driving from Colombo airport – approx. 3-4 hours
- Driving to Kandy – approx. 30 minutes
- Seaplane flights can be arranged from Colombo or the South Coast to land nearby – approx. 40 minutes
This Villa is divided in three main blocks.
THE MAIN HOUSE
- Four bedrooms, leading from the main public areas – dining room, juice bar, library, terrace
- Rooms are adjoining, with each having its own terrace area. All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms.
THE GARDEN COTTAGE
- Four bedrooms – two on either side of communal areas with two levels
- Bedrooms are a little smaller than in the Main House but, similarly, open onto terrace space. Bathrooms are marginally larger.
- All Garden Cottage bedrooms have a small mezzanine level with standard single beds.
THE LAKE HOUSE
- Set on 3 levels. Guests rooms are level 1 and 2
- Two guest rooms (middle level) have semi-open bathrooms.
This Villa is the perfect place to escape the pressures of daily life, to immerse in local culture and to discover new passions. Some activities available at the property or nearby are:
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)
- SUP yoga on the lake
- Hiking through the Knuckles range
- Traditional canoeing
- Fishing with locals
- Cooking lessons
- Day excursions to Kandy and Cultural Triangle
YOGA, MEDITATION & RELAXATION
This Villa has a dedicated Yoga Shala and organises private Yoga retreats which also include special vegan and vegetarian menus. Therefore it is particularly recommended for those who are looking for a special detox, yoga and meditation retreat in Sri Lanka.
The Yoga Shala is set away from the main house, amongst lush jungle gardens and alongside a natural rock face. The owners have used wooden floors and ceilings and kept the space as open as possible to offer views of the lake, and let soft jungle sounds drift in. For an intimate or candlelit practice, students and instructors can drop the bamboo blinds to create a more enclosed and private Shala space.
The Shala is spacious, yet intimate, comfortably accommodating up to 20 students for group-led retreats, but also suitable for those happy to practice independently or in one-to-one sessions with an instructor.
This Villa has been conceived as a place for restoration and rejuvenation, so food and drinks are very important for the hosts. The Villa prepares simple and healthy dishes, prepared with local produce and with Sri Lankan cooking influence. Try fresh-water crayfish curries (the crayfish caught only a few hundred yards away) or mango and avocado salads picked straight from their organic vegetable garden.
King Coconut water or an exotic fruit juice from our made-to-order juice bar.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS:
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too).
- An additional 2% Nation Building Tax and 15% VAT are not applicable at time of writing but may be at time of booking –please confirm at reservation.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa, you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am – Always check at the time of Booking.
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Sri Lanka Villa holiday discounts, Special Offers and free nights
For Bookings during off season, 10 nights or more, and Long term villa rentals in Sri Lanka. Please enquire for Special discounts.
VILLA COMBINED WITH A LUXURY TOUR OF SRI LANKA:
If you wish to combine your Villa nights with a Luxury Tour of Sri Lanka, please visit our dedicated website at Paragon Holidays. We will tailor make a unique experience for your group, based on your personal taste and specific requirements.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.