Villa 123 | The Luxury Beach house in Tangalla
A Luxury Beach house in Tangalla – Sleeps 6 adults.
The luxury beach house in Tangalla is called ‘House 123’, because it sits on a plot of land measuring 123 perches.
This beach front property sits on west-facing bluff some ten metres above the beach. The garden descends direct to the rocky shore, providing direct access for a walk along the seashore. The property is located on the south coast of Sri Lanka, about 78 kilometres from Galle, 208 kilometres from the centre of Colombo and 215 kilometres (approx 3.5hrs by car) from Sri Lanka’s main international airport, known officially as Colombo Bandaranaike International (‘CMB’). This Luxury Tangalla Beach House is close to the main road connecting Galle to the Sri Lankan south coast and to Tangalle, the local market town five kilometres away.
Children are welcome although the pool is not fenced nor alarmed and Unakuruwa beach does not have a life guard. It may not be the most relaxing holiday for parents with small, mobile children that don’t swim confidently. We can organise English-speaking childcare on sufficient notice.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: A very short walk from the house takes you to Unakuruwa beach, which has a reef break and attracts a few surfers. Alternatively, Hiriketiya Beach (15 mins tuk tuk drive)
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: the beach outside the house is rocky and is not really recommended for swimming although it is fun to walk across the rocks, watch the waves break and poke around in the rock pools. If you walk in the opposite direction from the house through the village, you reach the Amanwella beach and the Aman hotel. This beach falls away steeply and can have big waves but it does have a lifeguard generally present. Alternatively, you can take a tuk tuk to Mawella Beach (approx. 5 kms away), excellent for swimming as it is protected by the adjacent headland and remains shallow for a good distance. At the far end of the beach there is generally good surf for boogie boarding. This beach is also excellent for running, frisbee and ball games. Note that there is no lifeguard on the beach. Mawella beach has two good simple local restaurants.
This Luxury Beach house in Tangalla comes with 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms have both ceiling fans and AC. The rest of the house does not have AC as the ceiling fans and sea breezes provide ample cooling. The en-suite bathrooms are all ‘inside and out’ with the double basins and loos fully covered but with open air private shower areas. The bathrooms for bedrooms 2 and 3 both enclose palm trees within their walls while Bedroom One’s bathroom has a flowerbed planted with Sri Lankan jasmine. There is a further guest bathroom off the living room. All the bed linen as well as the beach and bath towels provided are 100% cotton.
All three bedrooms have 2m+ double beds with side tables and ensuite bathrooms. All have both AC and ceiling fans. All windows have wooden shutters. Bedroom One is 7m x 4.5m, and Bedrooms Two and Three are marginally smaller at 6m x 4.5m.
Maximum occupancy is 6 adults. A cot can be provided for small children.
- Swimming pool: 19.2m long x 5m wide, and is 1.5m deep throughout its length. It has wide steps at either end of the house but leaving sufficient width for guests to swim laps, including tumble turns. The slate pool tiles were hand cut and chosen to match the overriding colour of the sea. The pool is heated by the sun and is a chlorinated pool. There are underwater lights on three sides of the pool.
- Garden: indigenous Sri Lankan trees and plants. Great care was taken in designing the house to incorporate the existing trees and shrubs into the overall plan.
- There are wide steps connecting the house, main terrace and pool area with the lower garden which is flat and grassy and good for games.
- Large BBQ;
- WiFi, DVD player, DVDs, HD TV in Bedroom Three.
Suresh (the housekeeper) and the team can shop there for you in the nearby town of Tangalle. The town provides a food market, a small supermarket and various other simple shops for day to day purchases. The fish shops sell a range of locally caught seasonal fish, prawns and lobster. It is a working fishermen’s town and does not have major tourist attractions. Read more about villa food policies in Sri Lanka.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Cook, houseman, gardener, food shopping service, bed linen, beach and bath towels.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter. Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay.
- Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed.
- Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.
LET’S NOT SPOIL YOUR DREAM VILLA HOLIDAY IN ASIA
If the type of Villa you are looking for is booked, let us help you find a similar villa. Have a Look at our collection of Villas in Indonesia – Bali and Lombok and Villas in Thailand. Ideal for families and group of friends.
Could this be your next Villa to stay?