Villa 18 | Weligama | 3 Bedrooms
3 Bedroom Villa in Weligama, Sri Lanka.
Contemporary Villa on a hill with a small pool, overlooking the Weligama Bay.
Sleeps max 4 adults + 3 children. (2 Doubles, 1 twin). Christmas and New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December
This three-bedroom Villa in Weligama is a magnificent villa with great history and a prime cliff-top spot location above Weligama Bay. Surrounded by acres of lush tropical gardens, the villa is situated towards the western end of Weligama Bay, with the beaches of Mirissa five minutes further along the A2 to Matara. This is an ideal base from which to explore the glorious southern beaches, wildlife sanctuaries, and the cultural heritage of the deep south. The historic city of Galle is about 45 minutes away. The journey from Colombo’s international airport will take about four-and-three quarter hours or consider taking the Air Taxi and flying into Koggala lake.
This property was was once the country home of a former president of Sri Lanka, the late J.R. Jayawardene. This iconic villa was designed by Sri Lanka’s architecture guru, the late Geoffrey Bawa who has ensured that breathtaking views of Weligama Bay are visible from every corner. It opened again after a complete refurbishment in late 2010 to welcome those who wish to spend a peaceful and relaxing holiday in the deep south.
The Villa has staff that will ensure you have a relaxing holiday. Just below the cliffs, there are two utterly secluded beaches that are safe for swimming during the season from December to April.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is on a clifftop, overlooking the Weligama bay. There are some steep steps from the Villa that take you to the beach. Not suited access with people with limited mobility or small children.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Weligama Beach (next to Marriott) or Mirissa Bay Surf Point (approx 10 mins tuk-tuk).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Mirissa Beach (4mins drive).
This Villa is rented on a Villa Only basis. All meals can be coordinated with the Villa Chef, who is capable of western and local dishes. The payment is on an ingredients – only basis + transport + 10% service charge on ingredients. As well as flavourful local dishes, you can choose fresh grilled lobster and fish straight from the fishermen on our beach, or a variety of Western dishes for both adults and children. The staff will shop, prepare and serve your meals, and you simply pay the cost of the ingredients in the market that morning. Read more about general Villa meal policies in Sri Lanka.
The villa consists of 3 double bedrooms of which two are located on the ground floor opening out to beautiful sea views and two more rooms are located at a level below opening out to the gardens. Overhead fans and the ocean breeze help to cool the rooms. En-suite bathrooms have h/w showers. In keeping with Bawa’s architectural style of erasing boundaries between the inside and out, the living and dining areas open out to the gardens, the surrounding red cliffs, and the Indian Ocean waters below. Sri Lankan and western cuisine is served here prepared to your liking.
BEDROOM 1 | MASTER SUITE: 1st floor. Ensuite. King size bed. Aircon. Sofa.
BEDROOM 2 | DOUBLE: Lower level. King size bed. Ensuite. Aircon.
BEDROOM 3 | TWIN: Lower level. Twin beds. The bathroom is not ensuite. Aircon.
PAVILION SITTING AND DINING: Open plan. Open-sided. Stunning views across the bay.
POOL: A small pool on the lower level from the pavilion
BEACHES: There are two small beaches accessed via steep steps and overgrown track.
TV area: Lower level with Satellite TV
STAFF: Cook plus house staff
EVENTS AND WEDDINGS
This Villa is suitable for events, celebrations and small weddings for up to 100 guests. If you wish to organise your special event or wedding in this Villa, contact us for more information.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am – Always check at the time of booking.
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.