Villa 26 | Dikwella | 7 bedrooms
Dikwella Large beach Villa with pool | 7 bedrooms
A paradise for families with kids. Can accommodate up to 10 adults + 8 children.
4 doubles, 2 twins, 1 bunk room with 6 beds
- 10% Service Charge included in the price.
- Special rates are available for the USE of 5 bedrooms instead of 7.
- One of the best family-friendly Villas in Sri Lanka
This is a spectacular villa that sleeps 16, very comfortably. Grand in stature, style, and thoughtfully designed, it sits at the top of a carefully sculpted tropical garden with panoramic views and private access to the Indian Ocean. The villa comprises of six bedrooms in the main house with a 7th housed in the Garden House. There is a cinema room, a kid’s snug with TV, a large open plan sitting-dining and kitchen with a breakfast table and a further dining table on the verandah. In the landscaped gardens there is a 20m water slide that falls into a plunge pool, a large kidney-shaped swimming pool with jacuzzi, a yoga shala and a make-believe cricket pitch. Stylish, elegant and fun, it is perfect for a large family and groups of friends.
The attention to detail is apparent the moment you step through the large antique double fronted doors onto the beautiful hand-made Vietnamese tiles. Your gaze is immediately taken through the sitting area and into the garden with an incredible view of the alluring ocean. In between this staggering view, on a lower terraced deck, is the main swimming pool with a sloping beach-inspired access ideal for small children as well as the more mature swimmer. A teak staircase winds its way upstairs, past vast windows onto the 6-bedroom lined landing.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: 15 mins from surf break or Hiriketiya Beach.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Talalla Beach, 8 minutes tuk-tuk drive.
Each bedroom is different, and all bathrooms are delightful. 4 poster beds; fitted mosquito nets; air con; comfortable seating; interesting curios and artwork. A children’s bunk room cleverly has a larger bottom bed for a nanny. The master suite has an adjoining room with twin beds for smaller children.
Perfect for a couple without children, is another bedroom, charmingly housed in the Garden suite. It looks out across the lovely lawn on which many a SL vs ‘The rest of the World’ cricket match is had. An umpire’s hut is appropriately situated close to the action on the other side, whilst also doubling up as a look-out point to the beach, or as a shaded and well-lit ‘refreshment pavilion’.
- 3 king doubles with ocean views
- 1 adult twin
- 1 child twin with adjoining door to/from the master suite
- 1 bunk with 3 beds
- 1 double in the garden suite
- All bedrooms air-con and ensuite
5-bedroom rent option: 3 doubles, 1 twin, 1 bunk room with 6 beds – Can accommodate 8 adults + 8 children.
Hidden amongst the tropical planting lies a 74-foot water slide snaking its way into a plunge pool that rather geniously is separated from the main pool allowing hours of fun whilst the less frantic can relax in calm waters. A large terrace offers with comfortable loungers provides ample tanning spots.
Discreetly positioned, and further down the garden, is a stunning and spacious Yoga Shala with wonderful views out to sea. The beautifully landscaped gardens contribute to ensure this is a gentle and quiet area perfect for yoga and meditation.
Returning to the house there is a brightly coloured and cushioned ‘TV room’ for exhausted children, and a wonderful grown up ‘Cinema room’ with projector and huge screen.
The chef is excellent and cooks an expansive range of cuisine and is very happy to offer cooking lessons on site. He is supported by a fantastically efficient team of 7 staff, seamlessly working behind the scenes. Full board: $50 per day, per adult. $30 per day per child (16-3). Under 2’s $10 per day. All meal costs to be paid at time of booking.
Read more about general Villa meal policies in Sri Lanka.
- Suitable for events (max 80 people)
- 50km from Galle
- Exceptional family beachfront villa
- 7 bedrooms (6 in main house, 1 in garden suite)
- Private beach access
- Ground floor Cinema room (that can be made into 8th bedroom)
- Wifi – Fibre optic internet and WiFi
- Yoga shala (28 x 23 ft)
- 20-metre water slide into plunge pool
- Kids TV snug
- Large pool with jacuzzi
- Large pool deck
- 15 mins from surf break
- Family pets – IN-VILLA PET: 2 Dogs
- 24/7 security
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Full board option price to be added at the time of Booking.
- Please enquire for special 5-bedroom Rates.
- 10% Service Charge and VAT included in the published rates
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay.
- Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed.
- Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.30 pm and Check out – By 10.30 to 11.00 am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.