Villa 27 | Tangalle | 5 Bedrooms
Yoga Retreat Villa in Sri Lanka, 1o mins tuk-tuk to Tangalle beach
Perfect for Yoga Retreats in Sri Lanka. A Stunning 5 bedroom Villa near Tangalle beach, South Coast of Sri Lanka. The Villa can sleep, 10 Guests (up to 14 on extra cost). Great for large groups of friends or families.
PRICES: From US$ 800 per night to US$ 1800 (Guidance Price only -Price on Application) – 2021/22
Step back in time and experience the magic of a 19th-century Sri Lankan Manor House. Built by one of the ruling elite in Ceylon, Aranwella Walawa is a classic illustration of 19th-century properties: a little gem in the Tangalle area.
What to expect in this Yoga retreat with a pool in Sri Lanka?
Drawing on influences from Dutch and British colonial architecture, this Villa provides a real glimpse into history. Seamlessly blending Sri Lankan heritage with contemporary design, the atmospheric five-suite Villa pays homage to its original features: a simple harmony of modern luxe with local charm and style. The Villa name recalls the meaning of “illusion” in Sanskrit. The stunning result blends period features with a unique style: enhanced space, sky-high ceilings, open views, sleek lines, and supremely comfortable living.
For more information on other Yoga Retreat
Check Yoga Villas Blog.
THE BEACH & LOCATION
CLOSEST BEACH: Approximately 20 minutes to Kudawella Beach.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Hiriketiya Beach, 25 mins tuk-tuk drive.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Approximately 20 minutes to Kudawella Beach
The bedroom of Tangalle Villa near surf breaks can sleep 10 guests
- THEKKA: Thekka in the Old House opens out to the sky-blue pool. Original 25ft high ceilings, original intricate lattice work, a towering kingsize 4 poster bed draped by a mosquito net and antique fittings, evoke that colonial chic atmosphere, so unique to Maya. Thekka and Khumbuk are the perfect rooms to book if you are coming with your family.
- KHUMBUK: Khumbuk in the Old House, opens out straight to the sky-blue pool. This blissfully quiet room has a view of the garden. The beautifully high ceilings provide space and good ventilation. Similar in style and layout, Khumbuk is opposite Thekka in the Old House. These 2 rooms are ideal if you are coming to spend your holiday at the Villa with your family.
- AMBA: Amba’s spacious suite in the New Wing is an embodiment of modern luxe: clean lines, a dashingly decorated living space and a large luxury bathroom. The sliding doors in both the room and the bathroom open out to a large private courtyard – an invitation to simply relax and take in the surrounding nature.
- EHELA: Next to Amber, Ehela’s spacious suite in the New Wing is quintessentially modern: elegant interiors, stylishly decorated living space and a large luxury bathroom. The sliding doors opening out to a large private courtyard are an invitation to simply relax and take in the surrounding nature. Identical to Amber but more private, this is one of our most popular rooms.
- KOHOMBA: Enjoy the privacy of your own garden and courtyard. Finely decorated and retaining the sleek style of the Villa, Kohomba’s sliding doors open out to a covered courtyard, extending directly to its own private garden. Tranquility on your doorstep.
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan.
- Private courtyard & garden.
- Elegant contemporary and designer furnishings.
- Custom-designed kingsize bed draped with a mosquito net.
- Rain showers.
- Hairdryers, bathrobe and bathroom products provided.
- Beach hat and beach bag provided.
Taste the delights of Sri Lankan fusion cuisine. Fresh, local and with a creative twist on classic dishes, the in-house chef Darshana, reputedly one of the best in the Tangalle area will seduce your taste buds with an infusion of flavours. Enjoy a drink wherever tickles your fancy and choose from the extensive wine and drinks list. Dining can be arranged in the outdoor pavilion, by the pool, at your favourite spot in the garden or in the Old House’s atmospheric dining room. When in season, pick breadfruit from the garden and let the kitchen cook up a fabulous curry. So whether it is breakfast by the pool, lunch in the garden or a romantic candle-lit dinner, let it be a feast for the senses.
- Locally sourced ingredients – fresh and seasonal.
- Food is prepared fresh every day.
- Daily menu adapted to guests’ wishes.
- Stunning choices for dining location.
- Take–away: cooking classes with our Chef. Bring back a taste of Sri Lanka home with you.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Complimentary wifi throughout the villa.
- Chilling in the hammocks.
- Striking indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Library – large selection of books, CDs & DVDs.
- iPod docks.
- Cable TV in the pavilion.
- Selection of board games and garden games croquet, petanque, volleyball, badminton.
- Selection of pool floats to enjoy in the 20 metre pool.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
PRICES: From US$ 800 per night to US$ 1800 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22 – Price on Application.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 Guests: (for 14 Guest additional charges apply)
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please contact us for seasonal rates.
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Service charge and Taxes included in the rates.
- Full Board policy to be added to the above rates.
- Contact us if you want to book 5 bedrooms, on exclusive use.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“If you want tranquility this maybe for you” – Date of stay: February 2019
“We stayed at the villa for six nights. Our driver had trouble finding it, so be careful to follow the hotel’s instructions. We had a suite in the newer part of the hotel, which I think is the best part to be in. The room was lovely, with a nice en-suite. The Property is completely quiet and isolated. The breakfasts were good; the egg hoppers were very nice, though they overcook the omelettes unless you tell them not to, and only toast one side of the bread unless you ask. The dinners were lovely. We always went for the Sri Lankan option. You will need less than they suggest. The garden is very peaceful, with comfortable hammocks which are great to relax in. There are wild peacocks, monkeys, and if you look carefully you will see monitor lizards.
The hotel has a very good tuk-tuk driver, Kumar, who makes an effort to show you as much as possible on any journey. Staff were all friendly. The masseuse was good, and treatments were outdoors, but private. Occupancy was low during our stay which added to the quiet aspect. We would be happy staying again.”
“Peace & serenity amongst paddy fields” – Date of stay: October 2017
“We had a beautiful stay at the Villa, thanks to not only the unbelievably relaxed setting but the outstanding staff team there. From the moment we walked in we knew we would love it. A huge garden scattered with hammocks and deckchairs plus the yoga hut looking out into the fields! The pool, the breakfast, and everything in between was perfect and we recommend a stay at Maya to anyone visiting Sri Lanka.”