Villa 29 | Galle | 5 Bedrooms
A Family Friendly Beach House with friendly Sri Lankan Owners in Galle.
Ideal for families with children or a big group of friends.
Please enquire for real-time availability.
This Villa is a contemporary 5 bedroom beach house, finished to the highest Western standards. This extremely spacious villa is situated on one of Sri Lanka’s most famous beaches in Thalpe, just ten minutes drive from Galle Fort, in the south of the island. Footprints is a luxurious property designed in a contemporary style allowing visitors to enjoy tropical living at its best. The villa is staffed with a cook and two butlers to attend to all guests needs. There is a fully-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Packed lunches can be requested. Room service is available.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach, 5 mins tuk tuk ride (experienced surfers) or 3 mins walk from the Villa (all levels).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front of the villa or 3 mins walk from the Villa along the coast.
- The MASTER OCEAN SUITE has a private sea facing balcony, teacup bath and a massive walk-in rain shower, complete with glass roof. All the suites except the LIME TREE and PURPLE HEATHER SUITES consist of king size double beds, while Purple Heather suite consists of a queen size double bed and the Lime Tree suite is equipped with twin beds. All suites have en suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
- The GROUND FLOOR consists of a huge open-plan living and dining space comfortably furnished to impeccable standards. It has a modern kitchen complete with dish washer, fridge, freezer and cooking equipment. On this floor you will also find a TV and games room, as well as a powder room. The glass fronted living room leads to the swimming pool, outdoor dining terrace and garden. Take a few short steps and you will find yourself on a stunning tropical beach. Just a 100m walk down the beach you will find a natural rock pool where many of the residents have enjoyed a quiet time in the sea.
- The FIRST FLOOR has a unique Moroccan lounge and study area – a place where you can chill out on a rainy afternoon. This floor also contains a fully equipped laundry room and terrace. The second floor consists of a sun terrace from which you can watch the sunset that Sri Lanka is famous for or take in exceptional views of the Indian Ocean.
- The property has its own generator ensuring uninterruptable power at all times. The staff is extremely hospitable and can help you with anything you need during your stay. The Villa’s cook takes pleasure in producing Sri Lankan and Western dishes from fresh local ingredients. Please advise any dietary requirements on booking. The villa is also equipped with a baby cot, baby feeding chair and a baby protection fence around the pool area which will be erected upon your request. During the peak season the villa is only available for rent per full villa basis. During the low and high seasons the villa is available on full villa basis as well as per room basis.
- Spacious, airy TV room and Moroccan study area
- Solar powered water heating
- A huge open plan living/dining space
- Large office space and office store room
- Downstairs bathroom
- Luxury European-style kitchen, with brand new imported fixtures and fittings
- Inside/outside dining
- A large salt water swimming pool, surrounded by teak decking, with pool lighting
- Fully lawned garden with well established trees and plants, leading straight down to the beach
- Private courtyard, laid with gravel
- Separate staff courtyard
- Separate staff staircase, and staff quarters
- Access corridor from villa to beach
- Ample private parking for four vehicles
- Electric entry gate system and secure gate/entry system
- Own generator
Take a dawn or sunset walk around the historic citadel of Galle Fort, built from 1640 by the Dutch on the site of an earlier Portuguese fort
Ride inland on mountain bikes to discover a stunning emerald landscape of paddy fields, white-washed Buddhist temples, and rural villages
Spend the day on one of the golden beaches along the coast: Unawatuna, Thalpe or Mirissa
Go whale and dolphin watching from Mirissa
Visit the virgin white tea plantation in Titagalla and learn how tea, cinnamon and rubber is produced
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Recently some villas add a 10% Service charge, such additions will be confirmed at the time enquiry, if applicable. Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter. Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season or period. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am – Always check at the time of Booking.
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.\
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.