Villa 32 | Mirissa | 4 Bedrooms
Luxury Villa in Mirissa Sri Lanka
Villa “Water”, a modern Private Family Beach Villa in Mirissa.
Can be rented on its own or with its sister Villa. Shares a garden with its sister Villa 31: can be rented together as it shares the same pool for a Large Group. If your group has 16 Adults and 16 children and if you are looking for a villa in Sri Lanka, this is ideal when budget is a concern. Intended as informal beach houses where you can kick off your shoes and relax, the wide verandas, open living areas and colonnaded courtyards, blur the boundaries between house and garden, and heighten your awareness of the natural elements around you. The open design allows for cooling breezes to waft through the villas, even in the height of summer, and tats can be dropped to keep the elements out if Mother Nature’s mood turns grey. Each has four spacious (air conditioned) double bedrooms, with four poster beds, comfortable mattresses, and en-suite bathrooms. Each room has a roll away single bed, which can be used for a child by arrangement. French windows open onto wide balconies, where you can sit and take in the stunning views across the reef and the Indian Ocean.
Meals are taken on the verandah overlooking the garden and pools. There is comfortable lounge seating for a full house in the airy and bright living rooms. Both villas feature the work of contemporary Sri Lankan artists, and all of the furniture, bed linen and ceramics were designed and beautifully made in Sri Lanka. A really special feature is the expanse of lush, tropical garden surrounding the villas, a rare thing in beachfront properties here. The garden contains many local tree species, including coconut palms, cashews, mangos and frangipani.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Mirissa Beach break, 5 mins tuk tuk ride from the villa (all levels).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Mirissa Beach, 5 mins tuk tuk ride from the villa.
Sri Lankan food is one of the World’s great undiscovered cuisines, influenced by the ancient traders who plied the route between Africa, the Middle East, India and the East Indies, and Portuguese, Dutch and British colonials. The sea is bountiful, and the climate varies between tropical and temperate, meaning almost anything will grow here. Breakfast: Eat your fill of toast, local jams and marmalade, eggs as you like them, hoppers, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juice, tea and coffee.
LUNCH & DINNER: At the Villa you can enjoy the finest home cooking. As well as intensely flavourful local dishes, you can choose fresh grilled lobster and fish straight from the fishermen on our beach, or a variety of Western dishes for both adults and children. The staff will shop, prepare and serve your meals, and you simply pay the cost of the ingredients in the market that morning.
DRINKS: Wine and spirits can be bought at the airport in Colombo when you arrive, in the local off licence in Weligama, or if you are travelling with a larger group you can pre-order by the case. Our staff will be happy to shop on your behalf. Bottled water is supplied free of charge.
AFTERNOON TEA: Ceylon tea is world renowned, and you won’t have trouble finding a good cup anywhere in Sri Lanka. Embrace the afternoon tradition and relax in a comfortable chair on the veranda, with a pot of tea, a slice of cake, and some light afternoon conversation.
DINING OUT: There are good dining options nearby if you fancy a change of scene, from ocean-fresh BBQ seafood with the sand between your toes on Mirissa beach, to delicious Sri Lankan rice and curry at the nearby cinnamon plantation of Mirissa Hills. Slightly further afield there is wood-fired pizza and Sunday roasts at Wijaya Beach in Dalawella, or the glamorous Amangalla and Galle Fort Hotel in Galle.
- Direct beach access
- 4 Single roll away beds in each room
- 2 swimming pools (in each Property there is one pool)
- 45 mins from Galle
- Close to Mirissa beach, which is ideal for whale watching (boats Nearby)
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- All Taxes included. The daily rate includes breakfast for 16 Adults.
- Food Service Charge: Guests pay just for the cost of the ingredients in the market that morning, plus a small service fee of LKR 2500 per meal, per villa. If you are renting both villas on the property, Rs.5,000 (xe.com) to be paid, this will be charged by the villa and payable direct at the villa. Read more about Meal Policies in Sri Lankan Villas
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season or period. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.