Villa 34 | Galle | 5 Bedrooms
A Sri Lankan Colonial budget villa in Galle for rent
A historical Sri Lankan Manor House in Galle, 10-15 minutes to the beach. Accommodates 10 guests. The budget house comes with a private pool and great for families with kids. Prices on request only.
PRICES: PRICE ON APPLICATION – POA- US$ 400 to US$ 800 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Christmas/New year Bookings: (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
This Villa is a historical Manor Home built in 1864 and significantly upgraded in 2015. Located on the outskirts of Galle, the Villa is just a few kilometres from the Beach of Bona Vista and close to Unawatuna Beach and Galle Fort.
What’s inside this Cheap holiday villa rental with a pool in Galle?
The Dutch Colonial period home features 2 Master Suites, an airy Queen Room, and a stand-alone 2-bedroom bungalow. The villa is open plan and sprawls out on top of a hill enveloped by pristine tropical jungle. Tastefully decorated and furnished in period Dutch Colonial antiques, each room has a private ensuite, four-poster mosquito canopied Queen bed and Sri Lankan soft furnishings. The grounds include a working 5-acre coconut and tea plantation. The property is a bird watchers’ paradise with kingfishers and eagles sighted regularly. Each morning a family of monkeys passes over on their way to find food.
The property features one of the largest swimming pools in the Southern District attached to a private villa. The pool is 30 metres long and is a key feature of the property. Nestled in the jungle and surrounded by swaying coconut trees it is carved out of granite terraces. This is the perfect place to enjoy some peace and quiet but be near to many tourist attractions, including the UNESCO heritage Galle Fort, Turtle Sanctuary, Unawatuna Beach, and low land tea plantations around Lake Koggala. Staffed with housekeepers, cooks, drivers, gardeners, and house boys, everything behind the scenes is taken care for you so you can simply rest, relax and unwind while on holiday.
THE BEACH & LOCATION
The Budget house is within 2.7 mi from Galle Fort, Unawatuna, and Galle Light House. The well-known Galle International Cricket Stadium is about 2.8 mi away. The Bandaranaike International Airport is a 2.5-hour drive.
CLOSEST BEACH: Unawatuna Beach, 10-15 mins tuk tuk ride.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach,10-15 mins tuk tuk ride.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Unawatuna Beach.
Budget villa down south Sri Lanka can accommodate up to 10 Guests
- SAFFRON SUITE: (Sleeps: 2 + 1 child under 10). 1 King custom made Four Poster bed + 1 extra single bed; canopied mosquito net; walk-in wardrobe, writing desk and chaise lounges as well as two person dining table in front of a light filled windowed area. A window seat frames the main Dutch Colonial windows which opens out on to a magnificent front garden view of the plunge pool and down to the front cottage garden. Ensuite bathroom, updated in 2014: private double his and her sink; hot water booster system; own external sitting area at the front of the villa; french doors open out on to expansive views over 5 acres of coconut plantation.
- GREEN ROOM:1 x Queen Bed or 2 x Single Bed (2 sleeps). Mosquito nets, ceiling fans and Dutch antiques; in-room WiFI; private ensuite bathroom with western amenities.
- NAVY ROOM: 1 x Queen Bed. Connected by a small private corridor to the Green Room: both rooms good for a family. Antique four-poster Queen Bed; mosquito net and freestanding wardrobe; overhead ceiling fan, cooling tower unit and decorative blue ceramics; ensuite bathroom with newly built contemporary shower with rain forest shower head and all important electric hot water booster shower system; his and hers separate wash basins.
- THE 2-BEDROOM COTTAGE: 1 x Queen Bed, 2 x Single Beds (4 sleeps). The Cottage can be configured with a Queen bed in one bedroom and either a Queen or 2 singles in the other room. The cottage overlooks the rear courtyard, with doors opening onto a front verandah. Adjoining bedrooms with shared Bathroom with WC, shower, and basin – with access to an outdoor courtyard.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- A 30 metre private jungle edge infinity pool
- A fully equipped Western kitchen at your disposal with new oven, microwave and juicer
- Western laundry facilities
- Unlimited free wifi access in the rooms and gardens
- Free daily changing bed and breakfast—Western & Sri Lankan cuisine
- Full and half board meal packages starting at $15USD per day per person in addition to room rate
- Serene setting with ample wildlife – spot 30+ endemic bird species, purple faced monkeys and lizards from your bedroom window
- Ready transport: 2 Tuk Tuk drivers available
- I-pod Docking station
Full Board and Half Board packages are available, otherwise, meals can be prepared for you starting at a low 2000 LKR per person per meal. The Villa has a cook who is capable of some western and local dishes and payment is on an ‘ingredients only’ basis + transport. To see how it works, read more about Villa Meal Policies in Sri Lanka.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: POA- PRICE ON APPLICATION ONLY – US$ 400 to US$ 800 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
Event Fee: No EVENT
Christmas/New year Bookings: (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
- High/Peak (Xmas & NY): 7 Nights
- High, Mid, Low: 3 Nights
Meals: Comes with an exceptional chef who is capable of western and local dishes. Payment is on an ingredients-only basis + transport.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Service charge (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Breakfast included in the rate.
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“Amazing holiday with extended family” – Date of stay: January 2020
“We had a wonderful time at the Villa for a week over New Year 2019/2020. The villa itself is beautiful and the surrounding gardens and pool were a joy to be in. Shain and all the staff made us feel so welcome and went out of their way to accommodate our needs particularly with respect to our sleeping arrangements which were slightly different to what we communicated. We loved all of the meals that they prepared for us and every meal we got to experience some different local delicacies. They assisted with any arrangements we needed in terms of transport to and from local attractions/events. We would love to return one day!!”
“The most unique place on earth! “- Date of stay: March 2020
“We had an amazing 4 nights (initially 3 but extended) at the Villa. We arrived in Galle during the Coronavirus crisis, and Karen, Johannes and Shain embraced us like a long-lost family. In minutes they had gotten us into our room, called Sudu to take us with his tuk-tuk to Galle Fort, and offered home-cooked dinner if we so wished (at a small cost). The first couple of nights we chose to eat out at Fort, but the next two everything was closed because of the Coronavirus lockdown, and we spent them eating and chatting late into the night, feeling part of the extended family of owner/friends/staff/other guests. We shared some fantastic food and met some amazing people during this experience, who no doubt will remain friends for life.
The villa is beautifully located amongst acres of jungle, with monkeys, amazingly colourful birds, dogs, cats and frogs all roaming around. The night before we arrived a dog had given birth to 5 puppies so as a dog lover I was absolutely delighted to have those little tiny beauties to look at every day!
Our room (Saffron room) was amazing, pretty much the size of our whole flat in London, complete with seating area, wardrobes, four-poster bed with mosquito curtains (you’ll need them as you’re in the jungle!), and a very helpful reading light inside the bed. There was also a flashlight provided, as well as separate towels for the swimming pool (we were also allowed to take them with us to the beach) and we could make use of the kitchen fridge, where we also had also access to unlimited bottled water (a rarity in any accommodation in Sri Lanka).
Apart from our room, all other areas were also stunning, communal indoor and outdoor tables for eating breakfast (and dinner, if you arrange it), various seating areas with sofas, reclining chairs and tables to relax in, an amazing long infinity pool with views over the jungle, with sunbeds and umbrellas, where birds come to “bathe” at sunset, and monkeys hang from trees eating jackfruit.
An absolutely stunning place, can’t wait to return to Sri Lanka and to the heart-warming hospitality of the Villa. We are eternally grateful to Karen and her team for hosting us, and keeping us safe during this Coronavirus nightmare.”
“Beautiful location, relaxing stay, a few customer service issues” – Date of stay: August 2019
“This is a beautiful property set close to Galle and yet secluded. We had a suite as well as the family bungalow. Both were nice but the suite was much nicer. Breakfast was ample. The main downside (and the reason for the less than perfect review) was the customer service from the manager. The welcome and communication from him lacked all the information one would usually expect. I was also completely unimpressed by the fact that I was presented the bill for our stay while we were having breakfast; Two hours before we actually checked out.”
“Colonial Villa in a Coconut Plantation” –Date of stay: August 2018
“This beautiful villa is tucked away from the main road but not to worry a call to the staff will get you there. As our van climbed the little hill that led up to the property, we noticed an elongated swimming pool which I believe was a recent add on and perched right on top of the hill is the Templeberg Villa. It was such a lovely sight. If you like the”Colonial Rustic” feel this property has it.
The 2 rooms in front are larger and one of them has a side veranda area where you can have your breakfast. At the rare of this property is a large garden and a few more rooms that are equally lovely. We explored the beaches around the area but would have been just as happy hanging out in the villa. It’s seer bliss just lounging around such a historic villa. Shain and his team were wonderful too, whipping up lovely Sri Lankan dishes on our request. This is one idyllic location that I will return again.”