Villa 45 | Galle | 5 Bedrooms
A Lovely fully staffed Beach Villa with a pool in Talpe, Galle.
With an excellent chef and service. Sleeps: 10 adults.
Please enquire for real-time availability.
This beautiful villa is located on the sun-kissed sands of Talpe, a 20-minute drive from the heritage city of Galle, neighboured by private villas and boutique hotels, and close to Dalawella’s lagoon-like swimming beach. Inland, the scene turns from blue to green as oceans of paddy fields fringe a palm-spiked interior where local villages, Buddhist temples, expansive lagoons, tea estates, spice plantations and rainforests home to diverse wildlife lie in wait of discovery. This Villa is an understated five-bedroom villa on Sri Lanka’s southern coast.
Designed by acclaimed Australian architect Bruce Fell-Smith, its extensive renovation in 2016 has brought the villa firmly into the modern age, whilst sensitively retaining its important sense of history. Staffed by a small team including a chef, this charming beach villa, a cherished family escape, presents modern artwork, shabby chic antiques and contemporary soft furnishings.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach, 5 mins tuk-tuk ride or Wijaya/Dalawella beach, 2 mins tuk-tuk ride (all surfers).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: A 15 minute-walk (or 2-mins tuk-tuk ride) will take you to Wijaya/Dalawella beach with great swimming and surfing.
The villa has five comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms: four doubles and one twin. Bedrooms are furnished with whitewashed antique four-poster beds dressed in high thread count linen and have private bathrooms finished in taupe marble with monsoon showers.
The master bedroom is an exceptionally spacious suite with a deeply cushioned built-in window seat that offers beguiling views of the sea. Its sandstone and marble bathroom is particularly special and features a freestanding tub, twin washbasins and a monsoon shower.
The staff team has a long history with the villa, and are dedicated to ensuring their guests feel comfortable, secure and at home. The experienced cook has a flair for international cuisine and can prepare delicious Sri Lankan curries, nutritious salads, warming soups, ocean-fresh fish and seafood dishes with ease. Meals are shopped for and cooked at cost price after discussing menus with the chef.
Dine in the open plan living room, lunch on the veranda or pair breakfast with spectacular sea views from the elevated garden pavilion. No alcohol is served at the villa, but you are welcome to bring your own or purchase from local liquor shops. Galle is increasingly cosmopolitan and offers a growing range of restaurants, cafes and bars.
Swimming Pool featuring a shallow staircase of granite stones
Garden offering ample space for a casual family game of cricket, volleyball or football.
Library with books and collection of DVDs
Air-condition and ceiling fans
Hairdryers in every bathroom
Organic premium toiletries
Two TVs and two DVD players
State of art BBQ
Illy Coffee machine
Games books and some toys
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF 10% SERVICE CHARGE AND ALL TAXES.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter. Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.