Villa 46 | Galle | 6 Bedrooms
A Family-friendly 6 bedroom beach villa in Talpe, Sri Lanka
A Beautiful Luxury Family Villa with a pool, with a stunning view of the Indian Ocean. Recommended for families only. Year-round swimming and snorkelling. Sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms, Great Chef + Staff.
PRICES: From US$ 1500 per night to US$ 1700 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price. We have special long stay rates (12 to 15 nights for normal seasons)
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Christmas/New year: Sadly, Owners occupy the villa for this season, But at times the villa could be free. Please enquire.
This stunning Family-friendly 6 bedroom beach villa in Talpe sits on an acre of tropical garden adorned by frangipani trees and coconut palms with breathtaking views over the property. The villa is located in the middle of the idyllic Palatugaha beach enhanced by a stunning, unspoilt coral lagoon – one of the few villas with direct access to the beach on this exceptional reef-protected stretch of coastline. This private Beach villa in Galle is designed with families in mind.
What’s inside this Luxury Family villa in Thalpe (Galle), Sri Lanka?
The 6 air-conditioned double bedrooms, which very comfortably sleep twelve, are situated three on either side of the two main pavilions and the swimming pool. The living area includes three external pavilions, one of which overlooks the beach and the other two connect via steps to the pool. There is an air-conditioned sitting room with satellite television off the front courtyard. Internet connectivity and wifi is available, as well as a connection for your iPod music to be piped through the walkways and swimming pool pavilions. The house is designed in a courtyard shape featuring a central deep turquoise swimming pool.
Check the Video of the Villa in Galle Sri Lanka
The interior living area is completed by a living room with a television and ensuite bathroom and a separate guest loo located off the front courtyard. Two large pavilions sit on either side of a cruciform swimming pool designed for toddlers, teenagers, and adults, with shallow paddling areas in front of the two pavilions and stepped seating areas along the cloistered walkways down either side of the interior of the villa. The two pavilions include a large dining pavilion backing onto the courtyard and a sitting pavilion towards the seafront. A third breakfast pavilion with glorious sea views sits in the middle of the property.
There are two additional seating areas; a raised seating area designed to capture the glorious sunsets and a second to provide a quiet retreat in which to relax. Within the property walls facing the sea is Auraliya’s own private plage, ideal for sunbathing or playing boules, together with a half-acre garden allowing for a variety of ball games.
THE BEACH & LOCATION
Located near the 127km post just 11km South of Galle, The Beach villa is situated between the Galle Road and the idyllic Palutagaha beach. Two beach gates provide direct access to one of the prettiest and safest beaches on the Sri Lankan South West Coast, which boasts a protective natural reef.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach, 5 mins tuk-tuk ride.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front of the property is protected by a small coral reef and is suitable for swimming.
This Villa in Talpe has 6 bedrooms with ensuite facilities and can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 12 guests.
The Family Holiday villa has 6 double bedrooms and can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 12 guests. Beachside there are two family suites, which include two double bedrooms with a conduit bathroom. The front bedrooms on either side have eight-foot square family size four-poster beds.
The second bedrooms to each of these family suites open on the walkways overlooking the swimming pool. One room has a double bed, the other a double and a single bed. There are two additional suites opposite the dining pavilion; one with twin four-poster beds, the other with a large double four-poster bed.
All bedrooms have air-conditioning, cupboards, shelves, and a built-in window seat. Four of the bedrooms have electronic safes to store valuables and every bedhead is lockable.
All bedrooms have spacious en suite bathrooms, tastefully designed with a white terrazzo finish and modern fittings. In every bathroom, there are double basins, a bath, a shower, and a central fan. Heated towel rails in each bathroom ensure that damp towels and swimsuits are dry and ready to go in no time.
Property layout of the villa
Jagath, the villa’s talented cook, has a wide selection of dishes and food to chose from. He’s a connoisseur of local curries as well as embracing western cuisine. He will do your shopping for you at cost. We strongly recommend that you contact us with your selection of meals for your first day in advance of your arrival to allow the staff to bring in provisions. This means that you can relax on arrival rather than worrying about meal planning immediately!
Below is a suggestion of meals at the villa:
- BREAKFAST: Fresh fruit juice medley, fruit platter, fluffy toast and condiments and eggs cooked to your preference with bacon and tomatoes. Do try the local Sri Lankan hoppers at least once with either daal or chicken/fish curry. The hoppers come plain or with and cooked into the middle. They look like a thin crepe bowl! Also good with Nutella…
- LUNCH: Home-made gnocchi with coriander pesto, focaccia and broccoli salad. Banana fritters with ice cream or fresh fruit for dessert. An alternative is leek and pumpkin quiche with onion relish and a selection of salads.
- PRE-DINNER NIBBLES WITH SUNDOWNERS: cheese sambals, fried coconut, humus with pitta bread and/or carrot and cucumber sticks.
- DINNER: The Sri Lankan curries are so popular that we recommend you have it on your first night as most guests like to eat it regularly! This includes at least four different vegetable curries with chicken, fish, and/or prawns. Grilled chicken or fish with mango rice and Asian greens is an alternative. A highly recommended dessert is mango, passionfruit and pomegranate crumble with vanilla ice cream. Lime tart is also popular. For children, seafood pie or lasagne are regular orders. There is an extensive selection of menus complete with photographs at Auraliya so you can make your own selections for the rest of your stay.
The villa has also a Nespresso coffee machine, so feel free to bring in capsules if you are a Nespresso lover (as they are not easily available in Sri Lanka). The villa has also coffee plungers. To see how it works, read more about Villa Meal Policies in Sri Lanka.
There is a wonderful permanent staff of six who will seek to take care of your every need. Jagath, the Villa’s very talented cook and Sajith, the handyman who have been at the Villa from the very beginning, more than a decade ago. They have been joined by the omnipresent front of house Nilanga, Janitha the assistant chef, the quiet and diligent Banda who keeps everything neat and tidy and Priyani who does your laundry. There is separate security staff for the premises.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Swimming pool
- Direct access to the reef-protected beach
- Relaxation pavilion
- Beach-side pavilion
- Dining pavilion
- Two sunset seating areas
- Six double bedrooms with air-conditioning
- Four bathrooms (2 front suites have conduit bathrooms)
- Study/TV room with en-suite bathroom
- Separate WC
- iPod connection in public areas
- Fully staffed including Chef Services
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: From US$ 1500 per night to US$ 1700 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
We have special long stay rates (12 to 15 nights for normal seasons)
|Rental Period||Minimum stay||Nightly Rates|
|01/05/2021 to 13/12/2021||3 nights||USD $ 1,500|
|15/12/2021 to 10/01/2022||On request||Owner’s Use|
|10th Jan 2022 – 10th Feb||7 or 14 nights||USD $ 1,700|
|11th Feb – 12th April||3 nights||USD $ 1,500|
|13th Apr – 23rd Apr||7 or 14 nights||USD $ 1,700|
Event Fee: No EVENT
Christmas/New year Bookings: Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season
- Peak (Chinese New year/Easter: 7 Nights
- High, Mid, Low: 2/3 Nights
Meals: Comes with an exceptional chef who is capable of western and local dishes. Payment is on an ingredients-only basis + transport.
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 Guests including children
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Villa only rate.
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“WE LOVED OUR STAY IN THIS HEAVENLY VILLA IN GALLE– ALL THE STAFF ARE SO NICE AND KIND AND HELPFUL. AND THE COOK WITH HIS BEAUTIFUL SMILE MAKES UNFORGETTABLE WONDERS.”
— D’ORIGNY FAMILY – PARIS, FRANCE