Villa 46 | Galle | 6 Bedrooms
Luxury Galle Villa for rent
A Beautiful Luxury Family Villa with pool, with a stunning view of the Indian Ocean.
Only for families. Year-round swimming and snorkelling. Sleeps 12.
Please enquire for real-time availability.
This stunning Villa is situated in an acre of tropical garden adorned by frangipani trees and coconut palms with breathtaking views over the property. The villa is located in the middle of the idyllic Palatugaha beach enhanced by a stunning, unspoilt coral lagoon – one of only four villas with direct access to the beach on this exceptional reef-protected stretch of coastline. The six air-conditioned double bedrooms, which very comfortably sleep twelve, are situated three on either side of the two main pavilions and the swimming pool. The living area includes three external pavilions, one of which overlooks the beach and the other two connect via steps to the pool. There is an air-conditioned sitting room with satellite television off the front courtyard. Internet connectivity and wifi is available, as well as a connection for your iPod music to be piped through the walkways and swimming pool pavilions. The house is designed in a courtyard shape featuring a central deep turquoise swimming pool.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach, 5 mins tuk tuk ride.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front of the property is protected by a small coral reef and is suitable for swimming.
This Villa has six double bedrooms and can comfortably accommodate a maximum of twelve guests.
Beachside there are two family suites, which include two double bedrooms with a conduit bathroom. The front bedrooms on either side have eight foot square family size four-poster beds. The second bedrooms to each of these family suites open on the walkways overlooking the swimming pool. One room has a double bed, the other a double and a single bed. There are two additional suites opposite the dining pavilion; one with twin four-poster beds, the other with a large double four-poster bed. All bedrooms have air-conditioning, cupboards, shelves and a built in window seat. Four of the bedrooms have electronic safes to store valuables and every bedhead is lockable.
All bedrooms have spacious en suite bathrooms, tastefully designed with a white terrazzo finish and modern fittings. In every bathroom there are double basins, a bath, a shower and a central fan. Imported towel rails in each bathroom ensure that damp towels and swimsuits are dry and ready to go in no time.
Jagath, the Villa’s talented cook, has a wide selection of dishes and food to chose from. He is a connoisseur of local curries as well as embracing western cuisine. He will do your shopping for you at cost. We recommend to give him a float and he will let you know when that is running low as well as keeping receipts and accounts for your perusal. For the coffee connoisseurs, we do have a Nespresso coffee machine. However the capsules are not available in Sri Lanka so you will need to bring those with you to make use of it. Of course local filter coffee is available in plentiful supply. Friday lunchtime is the day the imported fresh produce arrives so it pays to bear that in mind. I normally plan a few days at a time to give him time to get organised. We strongly recommend that you contact us with your selection of meals for your first day in advance of your arrival to allow the staff to bring in provisions. This means that you can relax on arrival rather than worrying about meal-planning immediately.
There is a wonderful permanent staff of six who will seek to take care of your every need. Jagath, the Villa’s very talented cook and Sajith, the handyman who have been at the Villa from the very beginning, more than a decade ago. They have been joined by the omnipresent front of house Nilanga, Janitha the assistant chef, the quiet and diligent Banda who keeps everything neat and tidy and Priyani who does your laundry. There is separate security staff for the premises.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter. Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.