Villa 48 | Tangalle | 1-4 bedrooms
A Barefoot, simple beachfront property without pool.
Three beach hideaways, ideal for groups of friends and surfers. Sleeps up to 12 guests.
RATES are per hut per night. You can rent the whole property (3 huts). Please read below for the whole property rates.
This beachfront property is made of 3 simple beach hideaways that can be rented separately or on exclusive use. Please enquire for real-time availability.
Kotamba and Kahumba are stylish one bedroom beachfront hideaways. Kumbuk is a two bedroom hideaway, just behind Kahumba, connected to beach by its own private short path to the beach (see the map in info). The hideaways are situated on the western end of a crescent-shaped bay called Mawella Beach, which offers two kilometres of sand, sea and tranquillity near Tangalle on Sri Lanka’s beautiful south coast. Each of the hideaways is named after the trees found in their respective gardens. The hideaways are all situated adjacent to each other across open land belonging to the owners.
The three beach hideaways started off as as simple fishermen’s houses and have been fully renovated and updated by their English owners in a contemporary style using local Sri Lankan finishes. They remain simple and minimal, while providing spacious and contemporary living spaces for couples and families alike. Kotamba and Kahumba each have a large double bedroom (with en suite bathroom), and a kitchen opening onto a large living/dining area. Both Kotamba and Kahumba’s living rooms have two large sofas which can double up as beds. Kumbuk has a double bedroom and a twin bedded room. The beach hideaways are available to rent individually, as pairs, or all together.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unakuruwa Beach, 10 mins tuk tuk ride approximately. Alternatively, Hiriketiya Beach, 15 mins tuk tuk ride.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front is safe during the season and good for swimming and body boarding.
The 3 beach hideaways share the same simple yet chic décor and the same facilities:
- a large double bedroom with a four-poster wrapped in mosquito netting,
- a big ensuite with a shower;
- a living room with two large sofas.
- Multiple windows and doors open onto wraparound verandas, and black-and-white photographs of local life set the scene.
The 3 hideaways are fully equipped for self-catering with china, glasses and cookware. Each has a large refrigerator, oven, kettle and a separate gas hob. There are no dishwashers or microwaves. The houseman can set up one of the barbecues for you. However, if you prefer not to cook, the management can provide a cook for you as well at no extra expense. The team are happy to shop for you in the local markets and town, sourcing your ingredients at cost. A tick list of essentials is provided to aid ordering. Your can read our article for more information about Villa living and Villa food policy in Sri Lanka.
There is a central pergola where guests can eat together or generally use the shade during the day. Alternatively, guests can book and eat at local restaurants at the nearby hotels including the Tangalle Beach Club, 5 star Amanwella, Buckingham Place or at one of the two small beach restaurants on Mawella Beach.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service Charge And VAT are included.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed.
- Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
RATES FOR THE WHOLE PROPERTY (3 huts, total 4 bedrooms):
Up to 31st October 2018: US$450/night
1st November 2018 to 28th February 2019: US$750/night
1st to 31st March 2019: US$600/night
1st April to 30th October 2019: US$450/night
- Usual Check in after 2.00 pm and Check out – By 10.00 am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
VILLA COMBINED WITH A LUXURY TOUR OF SRI LANKA
If you wish to combine your Villa nights with a Luxury Tour of Sri Lanka, please visit our dedicated website at Paragon Holidays. We will tailor make a unique experience for your group, based on your personal taste and specific requirements.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.