Sri Lanka Villa in Galle Fort for rent
Ancient Spice merchant’s house in Galle Fort, Sri Lanka
There are 3 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. Maximum 6 guests at a time. Please enquire for real-time availability.
This Lovely Galle Fort villa is situated on Rampart Street, located within the Historic Galle Fort, a protected World Heritage site, approximately 90 minutes drive from the international airport. Or a 15 Minute flight with the sea plane. With its fine old buildings and stone ramparts enclosing picturesque streets and green spaces, it is fascinating in its own right, as well as being the perfect base from which to explore Sri Lanka’s south coast and interior. The villa’s history dates back to 300 years ago, when Sri Lanka was the world’s only source of prime-quality cinnamon, a Dutch spice trader built a jewel of a house within the fortified port city of Galle.
This is one of the rare properties in the Galle Fort, which overlooks the picturesque southern Indian Ocean and also boasts a swimming pool. This two-storied, spice merchant’s house is designed with uneven walls and cut cement flooring. Interiors are tastefully decorated with 16th, 17th and 18th Century Genuine Antique Ebony and Calamander Furniture and contemporary local art. The house can accommodate up to 8 guests and is rented to one party at a time on a villa only basis.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is located 10 minutes from Unawatuna Beach (10 mins tuk tuk ride),
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Unawatuna Beach.
The house has 2 double bedrooms and 1 family bedroom all located on the upper floor. Bedrooms are well furnished with Genuine Antique Ebony king sized four-poster beds & air-conditioning. The Master Bedroom opens to a Terrace with sea views and its decorated with 16th, 17th and 18th Century genuine antique ebony furniture, as well as contemporary local art. The family room opens to a Terrace with Pool and Lighthouse views. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with h/w showers. The House has a dedicated Butler to look into Guest’s comfort.
- The living and dining rooms are located on the ground floor, with the dining Room opening on to an inner courtyard with a Romanesque swimming pool.
- Fully equipped kitchen and cook;
- Terrace for massage or a Reflexology treatment (by the in-house Masseur);
- Flat screen TV with satellite channels;
- DVD library;
- iPod music;
- books and board games.
- Complimentary Mobile Phone for use during the stay.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charge (if chef/cook is included then this too) and Taxes Maybe added, will be confirmed during enquiry stage.
- Please enquire for specific seasonal rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit : upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
VILLA COMBINED WITH A LUXURY TOUR OF SRI LANKA
If you wish to combine your Villa nights with a Luxury Tour of Sri Lanka, please visit our dedicated website at Paragon Holidays. We will tailor make a unique experience for your group, based on your personal taste and specific requirements.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.