Villa 51 | Edwards House, Galle Fort | 3 bedrooms
Edward’s King Coconut House in Galle Fort, Sri Lanka
Ancient Spice merchant’s house in Galle Fort, Sri Lanka. The villa can accommodate 8 guests in 3 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. The Beach view Holiday rental in Gallefort with a private pool is perfect for families with kids, Staff comes with a Chef + house Staff, beach: Unawatuna Beach (10 mins).
PRICES: From US$ 570 per night – POA (Price on Application – Given price is for Guidance purpose only)
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price.
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Christmas/New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December. (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
This two-storied, spice merchant’s house in Galle Fort is designed with uneven walls and cut cement flooring. Interiors are tastefully decorated with 16th, 17th, and 18th Century Genuine Antique Ebony and Calamander Furniture and contemporary local art. The house can accommodate up to 8 guests and is rented to one party at a time on a villa-only basis. With its fine old buildings and stone ramparts enclosing picturesque streets and green spaces, it is fascinating in its own right, as well as being the perfect base from which to explore Sri Lanka’s south coast and interior.
What’s inside this Villa Collection with pool in Galle fort?
The Galle fort villa’s history dates back to 300 years ago when Sri Lanka was the world’s only source of prime-quality cinnamon, a Dutch spice trader built a jewel of a house within the fortified port city of Galle. This is one of the rare properties in the Galle Fort, which overlooks the picturesque southern Indian Ocean and also boasts a swimming pool.
THE BEACH & LOCATION
This Lovely Galle Fort villa is situated on Rampart Street, located within the historic Galle Fort, a protected World Heritage site, approximately 90 minutes drive from the international airport. Or a 15 Minute flight with the seaplane.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is located 10 minutes from Unawatuna Beach (10 mins tuk-tuk ride),
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unawatuna Beach.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Unawatuna Beach.
03 Bedroom Galle fort villa can accommodate 8 Guests
The Edwards House has 2 double bedrooms and 1 family bedroom all located on the upper floor. Bedrooms are well furnished with Genuine Antique Ebony king sized four-poster beds & air-conditioning. The Master Bedroom opens to a terrace with sea views. And the family room opens to a Terrace with Pool and Lighthouse views. All have ensuite bathrooms with h/w showers. Galle fort House has a dedicated Butler to look into Guest’s comfort.
This Villa can arrange various dishes. From Tropical breakfast to Delicious Sri Lanka/Western cusine. Please get in touch at the time of booking to know more, also see how it works usually with meals by check our blog, read more about Villa Meal Policies in Sri Lanka.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- The living and dining rooms are located on the ground floor, with the dining room opening onto an inner courtyard with a Romanesque swimming pool.
- Fully equipped kitchen and cook;
- Terrace for massage or a Reflexology treatment (by the in-house Masseur);
- Flat-screen TV with satellite channels;
- DVD library;
- iPod music;
- books and board games.
- Complimentary Mobile Phone for use during the stay.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: From US$ 570 per night – POA (Price on Application only – Given price is for Guidance purpose only)
Event Fee: No EVENT
Christmas/New year Bookings: Minimum of 5 nights will be accepted during the peak season
- Peak (Xmas & NY): 5 Nights
- High, Mid, Low: 2/3 Nights
Meals: Check at the time of booking.
Prices based on an occupancy of 8 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Tropical Breakfast is included in the rate
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“Incredible stay at the House with amazing service” – Date of stay: February 2020
“Beautiful historical building, incredible view of the frangipani tree from our deck and bath, and incredibly kind and attentive service. I would like to personally thank Mailndu for his above and beyond service and for making our stay an unforgettable one. We will definitely be back, this time with our families so we can rent out the full house!”
“Oasis” – Date of stay: February 2020
“This historic house in the centre of Galle is a little oasis away from the heat of the fort. The period furnishings and decor are outstanding you feel like you are stepping back in time. Situated very centrally you are within walking distance of everything you want to do within the fort and you are positioned in just the right place to watch the sunset from the walls. There are only three rooms – ours was the Ginger Suite. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom very spacious with stone bath and shower overhead. Don’t think there was a plug for the bath so you probably can’t use it. Beautiful upstairs balcony overlooking the frangipani tree in the courtyard. Manager Malindu was very attentive and always happy to help. He offered to post our postcards for us as post office not open on weekend. Very clean and breakfast good. Enjoyed the pool after our sightseeing although we did get quite a few insect bites – probably attracted to the moisture and the greenery. Would recommend this small hotel.”