Villa 58 | Tangalle | 7 Bedrooms
Seven-bedroom Villa in Tangalle, Sri Lanka
Family Friendly beach house with a laid back feel on Mawella Beach.
Minimum 12-14 Nights over Christmas and New Year.
A place of its own, with a homely feeling, where time stands still.
As the owner says: “Our aims were simple; we wanted to build a big, beautiful, comfortable, family house with a pool on the best undeveloped beach in Sri Lanka. We found secret Mahawella ‘big beach’ with its golden sands and fishing boats, safe swimming and peace and decided we had found it”.
This Villa was finished in July 2008. It was designed by an experienced Sri Lankan architect, who had a great cv, which included Geoffrey Bawa team work and study in the UK and USA. It grew to 8,500 square feet on two floors of covered space. There are seven double beds, which all have sea views, and seven en suite bathrooms, a huge sitting room with a piano, two outside sitting rooms, a big dining room, a pool in the inner courtyard, a massage temple, a great kitchen, a study with satellite TV, internet, DVDs and books and games and spacious staff quarters. The owners have used only Sri Lankan materials, furniture and fittings throughout the house, and were delighted to discover how luxurious these are, and often beautifully designed too. There are luxurious 10 inch mattresses, mosquito nets and fans in every room and stunning use of coloured polished concrete in the bathrooms and elsewhere. The furniture is a mix of state of the art – a vast stainless steel chandelier and barbecue – and genuine eclectic antiques. The Burmese teak floors in the two biggest downstairs bedrooms, the study and sitting room are recycled from a defunct ballroom in Nuwara Eliya, and the walkway has pillars from a collapsed South Indian temple. Dutch and old Brit antique chests and planters’ chairs sit side by side with modern white sofas and Chinese cabinets.
The villa has 3 gardens: The seaside garden is often windy and has 25 palm trees and a one-minute walk from the house to the beach. There are hammocks and loungers and built in benches along the front of the house and a croquet set and table tennis. The courtyard garden contains both pool and massage pavilion and is sheltered and the bougainvillea and hibiscus thrive here. The back garden is defined by the gravelled driveway and the family dogs, cats and hens live out here too. Big shady trees abound in all of them.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront. The beach is a calm bay and one of the best beaches for swimming and body boarding. There are only few homes on the beach, so nearly empty.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Unakuruwa Beach, 5 mins tuk tuk ride approximately. Alternatively, Hiriketiya Beach, 15 mins tuk tuk ride.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front of the property (50 metres approx) is one of the best beaches for swimming and body boarding in the area.
- Direct beach access
- 7 ensuite double bedrooms
- An Extra bed can be added in the sitting room
- Sleeps: 14
- Boogie boarding in front of the villa
- Big, beautiful, comfortable
- Massage temple in the garden
- Sat TV, DVD, internet
- 1 hour from whale watching
- Sea turtle nesting about 20mins away
- 2 hrs from elephant and leopard
- Same housekeeper for 20 years
- Study / TV room
- Seasonally safe swimming
- Excellent Cook + house staff
There are seven double beds, which all have sea views, and seven en suite bathrooms.
The Villa’s greatest asset is its family staff. Nandi is the smiling resourceful housekeeper who runs everything. She works very hard to ensure that all visitors are relaxed and happy. She is also a great cook and brought in Daya – ace ironer and curry cook – from her home village near Kalutara, after years of working in Saudi Arabia. Rukman is a young man of 27, who runs errands and maintains pool and house; he is bright and speaks good English. Mr Jayantha is the night watchman who also waters the garden and does odd jobs.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charge and Taxes Maybe added, will be confirmed during enquiry stage.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay.
- Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed.
- Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit : upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
VILLA COMBINED WITH A LUXURY TOUR OF SRI LANKA
If you wish to combine your Villa nights with a Luxury Tour of Sri Lanka, please visit our dedicated website at Paragon Holidays. We will tailor make a unique experience for your group, based on your personal taste and specific requirements.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.