Villa 62 | Tangalle | 4 Bedrooms
Stunning 4-bedroom Beachfront Villa in Tangalle
Sleeps: 9 people. Ideal for those looking for a peaceful and relatively remote beach. (1 queen-bedded master suite; 2 queen-bedded guest rooms; 1 guest room with a queen and a single bed).
PRICES: From US$ 486.00 per night to US$ 830.00 Price On request only/(Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price.
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Christmas/New year Bookings: Only 5 or more nights will be accepted during the peak season
With spectacular views of Sri Lanka’s south coast, the colonial-inspired, two-story, four-bedroom villa on the Ocean’s Edge, offers a true taste of exotic seclusion. Comfortably furnished wraparound verandas overlook the huge, tropical, bird-filled garden, beyond which sits a gorgeous swimming pool – the perfect place to cool off in the heat of the day. A fully-equipped kitchen, air-conditioned TV Room, and open living and dining areas complete the picture. Fully-staffed, Villa 62 is a beautiful private villa, perfectly suited for families, groups, and nature lovers looking to completely relax and unwind. Opportunities for exploratory walks along the near-deserted beach are endless.
A beach villa holiday in Sri Lanka with a Private pool
The villa sits in serene seclusion on the fringe of Kahandamodera village, near Rekawa, 16km east of Tangalle. The access road to the villa winds past paddy fields and small lotus-strewn lakes home to numerous shorebirds. The beach is often visited by marine turtles and extends to the east across a rocky outcrop towards Kalametiya wetlands and the barren red earth of Ussangoda. To the west it snakes back towards Tangalle, the closest town, where restaurants, banks, pharmacies and supermarkets can all be found.
THE BEACH & LOCATION
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: Tangalle Beach (20 mins); better beaches in Dikwella area (50mins).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Tangalle Beach (20 mins drive).
– Colonially-inspired interiors filled with antiques
– Plethora of living and dining areas perfectly situated to take in the ocean views
– Wide, spacious hallway with built-in sofas
– Deep living veranda at the front with 10-seater dining table and rattan chairs
– Covered veranda at back with planters chairs, table with bench seating and ceiling fans
– Elongated, air-conditioned TV lounge with 42-inch satellite TV /DVD player and white sofa.
– Fully equipped kitchen with black granite counters and dark wood cabinets.
– Delightful jade-green swimming pool with ceramic tile decking and sunbeds
– 23-acre tropical garden filled with coconut palms, coastal foliage, and an abundance of birds
– Quiet, shell scattered beach ideal for walking
MASTER BEDROOM (First floor): Air-conditioned room with queen-sized four-poster bed draped in soft mosquito netting; Oriental wardrobes and comfortable sofa; Arched doorways spilling onto furnished balcony; Ensuite bathroom with shower; Entrance is via a small room furnished with a daybed and TV, and with its own bathroom (with tub)
GUEST ROOM 1 (First floor): Air-conditioned room furnished with a four-poster queen-sized bed and a four-poster single bed; Interconnects with the master bedroom; Oriental wardrobes; Arched doorways opening onto the rear balcony overlooking the swimming pool and gardens; Ensuite bathroom comes with twin hot water showers.
GUEST ROOM 2 (First floor): Air-conditioned room with antique four-poster queen-sized bed; Views of garden and sea through arched doorways; Ensuite bathroom with hot water shower.
GUEST ROOM 3 (Ground floor): Air-conditioned room with antique four-poster queen-sized bed draped in soft mosquito netting; Equipped with a single divan that could sleep a child; Ensuite bathroom with hot water shower.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- POOL: 15 x 6 metres
- Landline telephone for local calls and limited free internet access.
- Satellite TV; DVD player; iPod adaptor; CD player; books and board games.
- Suited and well equipped for families. Facilities include a safety fence for the pool and a baby cot.
- Transport: The villa is very remote, and the services of a car and driver are advisable if you’d like to explore. Airport transfers and full car
hire can be arranged in advance of arrival. Day or half-day car and driver hire can be organised on request.
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES: Barbecue; back-up generator; safety deposit box.
- WiFI: the wifi service is not very strong at this Villa. If you need strong internet during your Villa holiday, we advise you to buy a local SIM Card.
Western, Sri Lankan, vegetarian, and children’s dishes can be arranged. Special requests can be accommodated (including special diets). The meals are prepared on ingredients cost, after the presentation of grocery bills. To see how it works, read more about Villa Meal Policies in Sri Lanka.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: From US$ 486.00 per night to US$ 830.00 (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
Information: Price On request only
Christmas/New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December. (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
- High/Peak (Xmas & NY): 7 Nights
- High, Mid, Low: 2 Nights
Meals: Comes with an exceptional chef who is capable of western and local dishes. Payment is on an ingredients-only basis + transport.
Prices based on an occupancy of 8 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Government Taxes and Service charge included.
- Breakfast included in the rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half-day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
This property was very disappointing…- Date of stay: October 2018
“From the look of the photos this property looks amazing but in real life it needs a lot of maintenance and attention. These photos have quite a bit of different furniture to what is there now and its not as nice as this. The pool was quite murky and my kids did not really like swimming in it. The rust around the property was very bad. Attached is a photo of the ceiling fan in the master bedroom. I wish I took more photographs. I felt a bit unsafe sleeping at night even though I saw the security locking the gate to the beach at night and patrolling the gardens. I was struggling with the door bolts to keep all the doors bolted at night but eventually sorted them out. The bathrooms are very dated and the grout is coming out in chunky from the floor. Even the toilet roll holders are rusting. Another problem was the property is very isolated and you can’t swim at the beach out the front as it is too dangerous at this time of year (Apparently Dec and Jan are fine) so we drove an hour each way every day to a great gentle surf beach called Hiriketiya.
The staff were really lovely though but the food bills seems very expensive for what we had. Overall I think the property needs some love and attention. We went on to stay at another Elite property, Ambassadors House in Galle, and it is so much better. I can’t believe they are related. The same style of building but such a better villa experience. I am sorry to be so negative but we were so disappointed here.”
Not exactly Great! – Date of stay: April 2018
“Considering this property is only about 14 years old, it is not wearing well and a lot of simple things need doing to bring it up to an elite standard. Dirty tiles, some with green algae on around pool. Dirty large pots outside with half dead woody shrubs in them. Doors and locks that don’t work. Brasswork tarnished. Roof tiles almost all broken. Jagged grouting on pool floor causing cut foot. Questionable hygiene factors in kitchen, several of us had upset stomachs. Staff were all attentive and helpful but we thought the chef had very limited abilities.
Apart from those issues, lovely sandy beach and great weather. Would not book this again”
“Dr” – Date of stay: January 2018
“We very much enjoyed our stay here. It was not quite as isolated as some of the reviews imply. Having said that we were happy to rely completely on the skills of the chef at the villa. If you want to go out and eat, I am not sure what the options are.The food at the villa was great and we were very happy with the staff. They did everything they could to help us, but appeared to be hampered in resolving some maintenance issues because they needed support from the owner’s agent in Colombo. However, we understand they were unable to get a response from him and, despite repeated efforts, we could not get a response from him either. For example,A number of doors could not be fully bolted, a bathroom sink was blocked, not all of the lights and ceiling fan controls were working, it would have been good to have bedside tables with a lamp and some of the towels were a little stained. A pity, when it is such a great location and fundamentally a great holiday villa. If these issues were resolved, I would definitely give this villa a higher rating.”