Villa 66 | Galle | 5 Bedrooms
Stunning 5-bedroom Villa in the jungle near Galle
Sleeps: up to 10 adults + 2 children
This stunning villa is a serene secluded sanctuary set on 20 acres, 7.5kms from the UNESCO listed Galle Fort and just a short drive to beautiful white-sand beaches.
This Villa has a 200-year history and has featured in numerous guide books to Sri Lanka. The original plantation home has had a number of notable and notorious occupants. For a period (1840-1880) it was owned by the Ephraim family, who were the proprietors of the New Oriental Hotel, now Amangalla. The property’s subsequent development over the past 30 years by architect Kerry Hill forms part of an important architectural legacy. It has been written about extensively in architectural books and publications, and regularly hosts visiting architects and university students.
Built as a collection of separate pavilion buildings centred around the original plantation house built in 1820 – forming a compound of five very separate bedrooms with en-suites, numerous large living and communal areas, courtyards, a dining pavilion designed to comfortably seat 20 guests, a 70ft pool and large pool pavilion plus kitchen and separate staff buildings. All buildings are set high up on a hill, overlooking vast flood plains with views to Adam’s Peak from the verandah of the main house to the North and the winding river Gin to the South.
There are 5 bedrooms divided within 3 stand-alone villas and because of this we do not recommend small children stay.
This Villa comes with an exceptional chef who is capable of western and local dishes and payment is on an ingredients-only basis + transport.”
This Villa is also suitable for events and weddings with up to 50 guests. The minimum number of nights to book is 4 and the event fee is US$2000.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter. Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa, you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.