Villa 69 | Weligama | 3 bedrooms
Stunning holiday Villa in Weligama, Sri Lanka.
Peaceful escape in the countryside, 10-minute walk from the beach. Sleeps max of 6 adults (+ 2 small children on pullout beds).
Christmas and New year Bookings: minimum 7 or 14 nights booking | Change over must be 28th/29th December
This holiday Villa in Weligama near Galle is ideal for couples and those looking for private retreats in the countryside, but few kilometres from the main beaches. Elevated above the tree line, the villa enjoys the gentle ocean breeze that drifts in from Weligama Bay, and overlooks the jungle canopy. The villa is made up of four stand-alone pavilions: three, house a bedroom each, with the fourth overlooking the pool and used as communal living and dining space. The en-suite rooms comprise of super comfy beds, carefully chosen antiques and chic design while maintaining their own identity and all have private tropical gardens, wide terraces and outdoor showers.
Beautifully carved antique temple doors signify the entrance at each of the suites that are modern in design with super comfy beds and numerous lounging opportunities. Each bedroom has its own identity and charm. Each suite has its own walled gardens planted with tropical plants, accented with carefully chosen antiques and finished with intricate architectural details. Two of the bathrooms have indoor outdoor showers.
The living pavilion and revitalising infinity pool make up the fourth pavilion. So not to affect the beautiful view out over the canopy towards the surf breaks of Weligama Bay, there is a sunken kitchen for use of the chef, and house guests alike, whilst friends can observe from the flanking benches at eye level. There is a traditional kitchen set apart from this, where rice and curry is cooked in the traditional way, making for a fun dinner party.
Adorning the walls, floors and ledges, is an impressive collection of Asian antiques; from tea chests to life size statues. There is a super-sized daybed and sofa with cushions ensuring ample siesta space and westerly views, towards the sun setting over the pool. There are bathroom facilities available, including showers. A tiled tropical pool side pergola provides yet another space to enjoy and recline. Extra-large sun beds and plenty of cushioned seating are perfect for whiling away the afternoon and the consistent 4ft deep pool is ideal for a refreshing dip or some early morning lengths.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is 500 metres from the closest beach (10 mins walk).
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: The closest surfing beach is Weligama Beach (10 mins walk)
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Weligama Beach (10 mins walk).
The Bedrooms are in separate villa unit in a tranquil location:
MASTER SUITE 1: King size bed, air con, ensuite, walled garden, private terrace, roll away bed for small child
MASTER SUITE 2: King size bed, air con, ensuite, walled garden, private terrace, roll away bed for small child
MASTER SUITE 3: King size bed, air con, ensuite, private sitting area, private terrace, walled garden
The Villa comes with a cook who is capable of basic western and delicious Sri Lankan dishes. Payment is on an ingredients only basis + transport. Tropical Breakfast is included in the rate.
- Close to whale watching and to Mirissa beach
- 40 mins from historic Galle
- large open plan sitting / dining
- 3min by tuk tuk to surf breaks of Weligama
- 3 ensuite A/C bedrooms
- 50ft infinity pool. 4 feet deep throughout. No deep end, Infinity edge, 5 sun loungers
- 24 hr security
- sleeps 6 adults + 2 children sharing with parents
- House K9 pet (5 Dogs)
- 25km from Galle Rural (500 metres nearest beach) with large garden.
- Poolside pavillion
- Yoga area
- Satellite TV + WiFi + Bluetooth speakers
- Safes available
MAIN LIVING AREA:
- Open plan, 12-feet table with benches, sliding windows, canopy views, kitchenette, large sofa
- Pool side pagoda: Shaded and cushioned fixed seating
- Gardens: Over 2 acres of landscape gardens
- Kitchen: Housed in separate pavilion. Dining table and seating.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included
- Tropical Breakfast is included in the rate
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check the rate card under the tag “price” at the bottom of the listing to see the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am – Always check at the time of Booking.
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.