Villa 74 | Ahangama | 4 Bedrooms
4 Bedroom Villa in Ahangama, Sri Lanka.
Sleeps max of 8 adults | A 5 minutes walk to the beach
Christmas and New year Bookings | Change over must be 28th/29th December
A Hidden inland Villa with a Private pool with a short walk to the Ahangama Beach, Galle, South Coast of Sri Lanka. This Villa in Ahangama is an antique house standing amongst two acres of coconut palms and frangipani trees but only five minutes to the Galle end of the Colombo Highway, ten to twenty minutes into Galle and its Heritage site, Galle Fort, and five minutes to a swimmable beach.
There is a pool for an early morning dip or to cool off at the end of the day. Loungers are available by the pool or if you prefer, hammocks overlooking the lily pond or a verandah at the front of the house. The wildlife in the garden is extensive and truly Sri Lankan: exotic birds, water monitors and of course monkeys. Its easy to wile away the day doing absolutely nothing. If feeling more energetic there are bike rides around the paddy fields, scuba diving and of course swimming. You will be looked after by two members of staff who will clean, do laundry and prepare breakfast for you. Tuk tuks are available at the end of the road or can collect you from the house. Buses are also available from the end of the road and Unawatuna train station, which can take you north or south, is a walk away.
Unawatuna Beach has an extensive selection of small shops, restaurants and bars and lively night life. Galle Fort, a heritage site, ten minutes away in a tuk is of interest. Walk around the narrow streets soaking in the, atmosphere and checking out the antique Dutch houses, watch the sun set from The Ramparts.
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is a 300-metre walk to the beach.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH: The closest surfing beach is Midigama Beach (3-5 mins tuk tuk drive).
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: Ahangama Beach (approximately 5 minutes walk from the Villa).
One guest room overlooks the pool and the garden and has its own entrance from the front verandah as well as from the living room. The ensuite bathroom has recently been installed using traditional polished cement finishes. There is a second guest room with ensuite bathroom and semi outdoor shower to the other side of the house with perfumed frangipanis right outside the window.
Master Bedroom Double: 7.2m x 2.5m
Bedroom 2 Double: 4.4m x 2.5m
Bedroom 3 Double: 4m x 4m
Bedroom 4 Double: 4m x 3.3m
Sitting room: Sofas and arm chair. Garden view. Books, games, Sat TV/ DVD, Ipod dock.
Dining room: Table for 8. Garden and pool view.
Outdoor dining pavilion: Glass top wrought iron table for 8.
Pool: 8m by 3m tiled pool with shallow and deep end.
Pool Pavilion: Shaded, and cushioned, pavilion overlooking pool.
Staff: Housekeeper / cook. Gardener / night watchman
The housekeeper is capable of local dishes only and payment is on an ingredients – only basis + transport. Read more about meal policy in Sri Lankan villas.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included (For this villa Rates 0 % Service Charge and 1.7% VAT).
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am – Always check at the time of Booking.
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.