Galle Fort Villa in Sri Lanka
Ancient Dutch merchant’s house with private pool in Galle Fort.
Please enquire for real-time availability.
According to Channa Daswatte, the architect who conducted extensive renovations on the house, this house was built in about 1750 and was most likely a Dutch merchant’s house. The arched front veranda and porch, with the balustrades above were added by the English in the 1800s. The present owner was adamant that the integrity of the original Dutch house should be preserved. As a result, the rooms are large and airy, with lofty ceilings, original teak windows and shutters and cool, terrazzo floors. All five bedrooms are air-conditioned with en-suite bathrooms, and views over the historic Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Furnished with elegance and style, and offering sublime comfort and luxury, this is the perfect villa to rent, and from where you can explore the beautiful southern coast of Sri Lanka.
The Villa has been restored to provide spacious living and a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of historic Galle Fort. There are numerous places to sit and relax – the elegant Library or on the verandah overlooking the garden, or the Loggia at the far end of the garden. Alternatively there is the Games Room with a snooker table and plasma screen, for those who need more entertainment. The house has extensive gardens – probably the largest of any other house in the Fort, and the owners have recently installed a swimming pool and sunbathing deck. The house is looked after by a wonderful team – Janaka, Preethi and Jayanath, who will look after your every wish during your stay. Preethi does the cooking, and she has a good range of western and Sri Lankan dishes.
There are five bedrooms – two in the Main House, two in the Annexe, and one in the Stables – all air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The bedrooms in the Main House and one bedroom in the Annexe have King size double beds, one bedroom in the Annexe has twin beds (which can be made into a double), and the bedroom in the Stables has a Queen size double bed. All rooms have hair dryers and wall safes, and there is wifi throughout the house.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
- Service charges (If a Chef/Cook is included, then this too) and All Taxes included.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date and length of stay.
- Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed.
- Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check in after 2.00pm and Check out – Before 11.00am
- Late check outs up to 6.00pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check in/out times but will depend on availability.
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full Rental Terms and Conditions.