A luxury Colonial Villa in Galle Fort with Pool.
Sleeps: 10 people. 4 king-bedded rooms; 1 twin bedroom). 2 additional beds available on request (for children; no charge).
PRICES: From US$ 837.75 to US$ 1452.1 per night (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22 & 2023
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price.
- the villa is currently rented out on a long term basis until end of January, Prices are available for 2022/23
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Tucked within Galle’s historic seventeenth-century fortress on the south coast of Sri Lanka, this majestic five-bedroom private villa, the former residence of the Sri Lankan Ambassador to Pakistan, Iraq, and Bangladesh is bursting with colonial charm. The Ambassador’s House boasts abundant living space, including a roof terrace and huge lounge, as well as an elongated swimming pool and a lush, palm-shaded courtyard. An experienced staff team, including a private chef, welcomes guests with traditional Sri Lankan hospitality and tend to every need to ensure that families and friends can relax and cherish their time soaking up the nostalgia of these elegant surroundings.
INDOOR LIVING: Sumptuous fan-cooled living space spilling onto the deep front veranda, furnished with sofas; Separate Dinning Room with a Dinning Table for 10 with adjoining separate kitchen; Middle Courtyard with Round Wooden Table with four chairs; Fan-cooled lounge TV lounge with 42-inch screen, DVD player, built-in sofa and views; over the plunge pool;
OUTDOOR LIVING: Dual-level, flower beds with bougainvillea and furnished with sun loungers. Pavilion with built-in sofas on the top level; Gorgeous courtyard 2m x 11.5m plunge pool; Pockets of tropical gardens, including inner courtyard garden beside the lounge room
MASTER BEDROOM: Four-poster king-size bed and rattan planter’s lounge; Antique wardrobe, table and chairs; Private living space and direct access to roof terrace; Soaring ceilings and polished timber floors; Air-conditioned and fan-cooled; Linen mosquito net; Ensuite with moulded tub, twin sinks and his-and-hers showers;
TWIN BEDROOM: Two four-poster double beds; Soaring ceiling and polished timber floors; Direct access via private veranda to the roof terrace; Antique wardrobe and furnishings; Air conditioned and fan-cooled; Linen mosquito net; Ensuite with rain shower; Ground Floor Bedrooms
THREE DOUBLE BEDROOMS (Ground Floor): King-size four-poster beds and Dutch-style wardrobes; Air conditioned and fan-cooled; Linen mosquito nets; En suite bathroom with rain shower.
A selection of Western and Sri Lankan dishes can be arranged. Special requests can be accommodated (including special diets). The meals are on ingredients cost after presentation of grocery bills.Chef is capable of western and local dishes and payment is on an ‘ingredients only’ basis + transport. For more information on how it works, read more about Villa Meal Policy in Sri Lanka.
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- SWIMMING POOL: 11.2m x 3.9m.
- WiFi internet; telephone for local calls.
- 42-inch flat-screen TV with satellite connection; iPod docking station; DVD player; books; games.
- FAMILIES: exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; car seat; books; games; stair gates; playpen; baby bath; changing mat.
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES: Barbecue; First Aid box.
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
PRICES: From US$ 540.00 to US$ 950.00 per night (Guidance Price only) – 2021/22
|PERIOD||USD / NIGHT||USD/NIGHT (7+ NIGHTS)||MIN NIGHTS|
|01 May to 30 Jun||600.00||540.00||2|
|01 Jul to 31 Aug||720.00||648.00||3|
|01 Sep to 30 Nov||600.00||540.00||2|
|01 Dec to 19 Dec||720.00||648.00||3|
|20 Dec to 03 Jan 2022||950.00||903.00||5|
Christmas/New year Bookings: Change over must be 28th/29th December. (Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season)
- Peak (Xmas & NY): 7 Nights or 14 nights only.
- High, Mid, Low: 2/3 Nights
Meals: The villa is largely given on a self-catering basis and comes with a housekeeper who will help with breakfast as well as clean the house and rooms.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Villa + Breakfast only rates.
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“January 5th, 2020 – January 9th, 2020” – Australia
“Thank you to the wonderful staff in this beautiful home away from home. It has been an absolute pleasure staying here and using this gorgeous building as our very perfectly located base from which to explore Galle and all its history. The kids having the pool available 24/7 and their own bathrooms and we adults have loved the privacy and space here – a little oasis behind the front gates. We wish this place and its wonderful people all the best for the buildings next incarnation as a boutique hotel – we can only assume anyone who visits in the future will be as charmed as we have been.”
“December 29th, 2019 – January 4th, 2020” – India
“I love this beautiful amazing house. We all had a splendid time. This is an amazing place and we had an awesome time. The staff, premises, pool, location etc are just splendid. A special thanks to Loku, Jaya, Sunil, Lai and Avidu for making our stay hassle-free and comfortable.”