Villa 94 | Weligama | 5 bedrooms
Weligama Luxury Villa For rent
An ideal Villa for a party of 10. Can be rented with its sister villas for up to 30 guests. 05 ensuite bedrooms can sleep 10 Guests. 4 Double Bedrooms + 1 Twin, Air-conditioning. Hop, step, and jump to the beach.
PRICES: Price on request only – 2021/22
- Service Charge & VAT included in the price.
Prices also available in British Pounds (£ – GBP ) & Euros (€) | Check below for seasonal rates or contact us for availability.
Christmas/New year Bookings: Only 7 or 14 nights will be accepted during the peak season
RATES ON A FULL BOARD BASIS AND ON A 10 GUESTS OCCUPATION.
This Weligama Luxury Villa rental is part of a complex of four villas overlooking Weligama Bay. It can be rented alone with total privacy or it can be booked with its sister properties (See also Villas 84, 75, and 114). The Villas are within the same property, but each with its full privacy, dining area and infinity pool. Each villa has several private dining areas; there are at least four areas that the guests would be able to dine within their property. Each villa is completely self-contained and exclusive with an infinity pool and yoga pavilions: there are no common areas. This house has a beautiful outside dining room house in the garden. The architecture of this Villa is based on the award-winning design of Shela House on Lamu Island.
What’s inside this Vacation rental by Weligama beach in Sri Lanka?
Arriving at the house you first see the infinity pool, positioned between two elegant pillars framing the sea view beyond. A generous veranda offers an expandable seating area, which leads off the internal ground floor baraza area. Flanking the pool is a massage room on one side and a spacious shower/pool changing room on the other. The Villa comes with an in-house highly trained chef, as well as housekeeper, waiter, and shared gardeners, pool attendant, and security. There are resident managers onsite that can assist you with any of your needs during your stay; whether it be to book a local activity, arrange a candle-lit dinner by the pool or just advise on the local customs and culture.
LOCATION & BEACH
The collection of villas are located in Weligama, on the beautiful south coast of Sri Lanka. Weligama is a colorful coastal town sprinkled with local shops and restaurants and is home to one of Sri Lanka’s best sandy beaches and safest surfing in the region.
- Once you arrive in Colombo the transport will take you about 3 hours by road to the villa.
- For our restaurant recommendations in Galle, you have a lovely book in your living room that provides all the details. Distance: 40 minutes
CLOSEST BEACH: This property is beachfront.
CLOSEST SURFING BEACH:
Weligama is one of the best places to learn to surf in the whole of Sri Lanka, with a 2km stretch of shallow, sandy beach and plenty of mellow waves. The bay is protected somewhat from the wind, so even if the rest of the coast is blown out, there are often rideable waves at Weligama. Both lefts and rights appear at different tides and work best on a swell from the South West.
You’ll find a number of surf schools offering lessons and board rentals all along the beach. One of our favourites, Elsewhere; +94 412 260 820, is just around the corner, between the villas and Weligama. The activity center also offers lessons, as well as guided ‘surfaris’ for experienced surfers.
More advanced surfers will find a host of breaks within a 30-minute tuk tuk ride from On Houses, including both a left and a right at Jungle Beach, the bay right in front of the property. So you can check the surf before you’ve even had breakfast!
The most consistent and possibly the best surf in the region is found just along the coast between Ahangama and On Houses. Notable spots include the classic A-frame peaks of Kabalana Beach and the reef breaks of Midigama: Lazy Left, a mellow, left-hand point break, perfect for that first reef experience; and Ram’s Right, a shallow right-hander that offers some of the best barrels in Sri Lanka.
The surf is best along this stretch of the coast from late October until the end of April, with consistent swells and great weather combining to produce something of a surfer’s paradise.
CLOSEST SEASONALLY SAFE SWIMMABLE BEACH: The beach in front is safe during the season.
Iconic stilt fisherman, brightly painted boats, coconut-ladened palms and swathes of golden sand make the beaches around the Houses some of the finest in Sri Lanka. We have several favourites, starting North of Galle at Hikkaduwa and moving South and East to Tangalle. The villas have a full book of recommendations and directions at your disposal in the living room of your house.
Weligama Beach front villa can accommodate 10 guests in 05 bedroom
SECOND FLOOR: An internal staircase leads up to a large living room and dining verandah overlooking the pool as well as two ensuite double-bed guest rooms.
THIRD FLOOR: A master bedroom leads off a private terrace, with incredible vistas of the sea and palm trees. A further double twin bedroom (both ensuite) furnished with traditional style beds.
FOURTH FLOOR: An additional staircase that runs from the master suite up to the fourth floor leads you up to a terrace with a breathtaking panoramic view over the bay and the tropical surroundings.
Each room is carefully designed to respect the topography and landscape of the sloping site, by use of a stepped design. The cross section and orientation of each suite maximises the natural ventilation from sea breezes to cool the living spaces. Additionally, the house has its own pool that further cools the sea breeze as it passes over the water and cools the underbelly of the Villa. All hot water is heated from solar collectors. All rooms have ceiling fans, with air-conditioning and mosquito protection provided in the bedrooms.
The villas can offer you the best of both worlds; soak in the luxury of your exclusive villa and enjoy the five-star service that would rival any hotel. With your own private chef and butler, you have the ultimate flexibility with your meals without any of the shopping or hassle. The chefs have a superb repertoire to please most pallets around the world however, The villa also provide an ever-changing menu to give you the taste of Sri Lanka and to keep things as seasonal, organic, and fresh as possible. Read more about general Villa meal policies in Sri Lanka.
This Villa is rented on Full Board basis. The rates include:
• Exclusive use of house and pool
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, specialty teas and mocktails
This Villa is rented on Full Board basis. The rates include:
- Exclusive use of house and pool
- Full board accommodation
- Soft drinks, specialty teas, and mocktails
Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Double bedrooms ensuite: 4
- Twin bedrooms ensuite: 1
- Dining areas: 2 inside and 1 outside
- Private infinity edge-pool with underwater music speakers
- Guest/pool changing room
- Massage room and massage table
- Swinging beds: 2
- Large planted garden with established coconut trees
- Solar hot water
- Handcrafted high quality finishes throughout
- Rooftop with bar area
- Spacious and well-equipped kitchen
- Outdoor dining pavilion
- All rooms have ceiling fans, with air-conditioning and mosquito protection provided in the bedrooms
- Backup generator
- Enclosed garage
- Butler Service
- Staff quarters and laundry (separate building)
RATES AND INCLUSIONS
Updated Prices for 2021/22
PRICES: Price on request only
Please note: RATE on the title listing is ‘FROM’. Please check below for the prices by season and exact dates. If you cannot see the period you are looking for, please contact us.
Christmas/New year Bookings: Only 7 or more nights will be accepted during the peak season
- Peak (Xmas & NY): 7 Nights
- High, Mid, Low: 2/3 Nights
Meals: Comes with an exceptional chef who is capable of western and local dishes. Payment is on an ingredients-only basis + transport.
Prices based on an occupancy of 10 Guests
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Included in the rates: Exclusive use of house and pool, Parking, Full board accommodation, Soft drinks, specialty teas and mocktails.
- THREE children under the age of 12 go FREE. Any additional children will be charged 50% of adult rate. Maximum Occupancy of each villa is 10 people.
- Service Charge and VAT included in the published villa rates.
- Please send us an email to check rates over Christmas and New Year, or Chinese New Year and Easter.
- Prices may change based on the time of your booking, arrival date, and length of stay. Whilst every effort is made to keep rates current, they are subject to change from time to time. If there is a rate change you will be informed before a booking is confirmed. Confirmed booking rates will not change.
- Security deposit: Upon arrival at the villa you may be required to pay a security deposit. The security deposit, if applicable, will be returned to you prior to departure or as agreed less any extra charges or costs for accidental damage to the property.
- Usual Check-in after 2.00 pm and Check out – Before 11.00 am
- Late check-outs up to 6.00 pm may incur a half day charge, after 6.00 pm a full day may be charged.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate other check-in/out times but will depend on availability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subjected to Villa in Sri Lanka full rental Terms and Conditions.
“Unforgettable stay” – Date of stay: December 2018
“A beautifully designed house with lots of space for everyone. The stunning ocean views combined with boutique architecture creates a truely luxurious atmosphere. We stayed with a group of friends and late teen to adult children. The bedrooms are spread over 2 levels and the sound of the waves lull you to sleep.
The food is amazing. We had a big spread of Sri Lankan / western food for breakfast which was delicious, and an amazing seafood BBQ for dinner. The staff are always ready to help with a smile. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay at the House. We will be back.”