PART 1 – VILLA RENTALS TERMS & CONDITIONS by Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) LTD
Please read the following Terms and Conditions before proceeding to the villa booking form (which will be sent to you when confirming the holiday)
Please note we either personally or by our representative services are available in Sri Lanka for your services in Sri Lanka. Therefore, you will be met on arrival at the airport by us or Hostess or our driver/guides if you have asked from us the transfers; otherwise, you will be welcomed by the Villa/Beach house owners or Managers/Staff. Please ensure that you refer to your itinerary/Holiday confirmation/Emails, which will provide the appropriate contact details, should you need assistance whilst on holiday.
Do not make irreversible flight or travel arrangements until you have received final confirmation of your booking. Or always book a Travel Insurance that covers any cancellations.
- Why don’t you give out property addresses?
Most properties are privately owned homes and not all owners would like us to reveal detailed information about their property for safety reasons, so we do not publicise the exact address details of any of our properties. What we do show is the nearest town or region so that you can start making plans about travel arrangements and chasing out amazing things to do close by. Once a Booking is confirmed by us, we will send you the full street address. But it is probably best to wait until then before committing to any flight or travel arrangements.
- Why is the name different to the property’s real name (e.g. Properties have given numbers) ?
As mentioned above, for safety, confidential and easy identification reference reasons, to keep the property’s address private we have to change the name as well. We try to choose names that reflect the property’s history, character and setting, so that you can still get a good idea of its style and history or give a property reference number and happy give more insight about the property. Once we have confirmed your booking, we will send you the property’s real name and full address.
The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for all payments due from the party. Booking services with the company are currently only available to persons who are at least 18 years old. By submitting a Booking Form you warrant and confirm to us that you have read these Terms & Conditions and agree to comply with them.
The www.villainsrilanka.co.uk website and Villa in Sri Lanka Brand is Owned and operated by the Sri Lankan Company Paragon Digital Tourism (Pvt) Ltd; therefore your contract is with Paragon Digital Tourism (Pvt) LTD. We will arrange to provide you with the various services that form part of the villa holiday you book with us. www.villainsrilanka.co.uk is a booking agent under Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd for private villa rental accommodation in Sri Lanka. Bookings made by email and or telephone will stay firm, provided we receive the amount due (deposit or full) within 05 working days after confirming the holiday.
The following terms and conditions (“booking conditions”) form the basis of your contract with Paragon Digital Tourism (Pvt) Ltd (PDT). Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these terms and conditions and agree to them. Except where otherwise stated, these booking conditions only apply to holiday arrangements which you book with us through the internet / website in Sri Lanka and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you.
In these booking conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them, as the context requires and “lead name” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our”, mean Paragon Holidays (Pvt) Ltd (PDT).
- Inquiries do not constitute a confirmation of booking.Paragon Digital Tourism (Pvt.) Ltd. (PDT) will place the villa on HOLD but cannot take responsibility if the villa has been booked by another party by the time the deposit or payment has been received. Enquiries only become CONFIRMED bookings when payment has been received.
- All Villas have a minimum number of 2 night bookings for most of the year.
- Bookings over peak periods will require a minimum of 5 night bookings.
- Christmas and New Year will require a minimum number of 10 to 14 nights booking.
- Shorter booking periods may be arranged with agreement of the villa owner.
- It is compulsory and a condition of booking that you have arranged for adequate travel and medical insurance before traveling to Sri Lanka.
- Bookings may be amended up to 60 days before the arrival date, but will incur a USD 150.00 administration fee for each change made. If there are increases in the rates between the old and new booking dates, you will be liable to pay the difference.
The price of Your Travel Arrangements is subject to the possibility of changes and surcharges beyond the control of us and may occur because of governmental action, currency exchange rate fluctuation and increases in suppliers’ prices as an example. If the price of Your Travel Arrangements is increased by any matters outside our control then you must either pay the additional price to us when we request it or cancel Your Travel Arrangements in accordance with these Booking Conditions.
Rate Changes and Offers
The rates listed on our website may change, or differ from other websites (Third Party Websites and Booking engines). Since the rates are changed/amended frequently there might be more than one rate for a given date from various supplier, it can be either Higher or Lower at times this can be for various reasons. Various websites can have the same rate as a standard rule, Or May decide to make various offers, such as an early bird offer, Last Minute discounts, or Longer night stay discounts, Special Offers, Celebration offers or any other form of offers. After booking and confirming your Holiday, and if you find out such discounts offered from other websites Travel companies or Property Owners or Villa Owners, and if you request us for such discounts, we will not be obliged to arrange you these rates and offers, if there are any special offers available at the time of booking, we will offer such discounts or may give you a special discounts depending on various conditions and criteria’s such the duration of the Booking period (total Nights), season (the month and dates), If it is a special celebration (provided proof). Etc.
Once a confirmation deposit is received from the guest, and a Holiday confirmation voucher is sent by us (PDT), there will be no room for rate changes, and Please see our cancellation policy if you decide to change or cancel your holiday. It is not possible to change/amend the original rate the reservation was confirmed under.
Deposit or Full Payments
- Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the agreement.
- All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made. Any and all bank charges incurred due to bank transfer are for you to pay. PDT will confirm the amount received.
- Bookings more than 60 days before the date of arrival will require non-refundable 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received between 60 to 30 days before the date of arrival, depending on the villa. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
- Bookings made within 30 days of the date of arrival, will require full payment.
- Once the deposit and/ or the full payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent, listing the complete booking details.
Booking confirmation together with driving directions or your driver or Guides name and numbers and owners contacts will be sent by email after your final payments. Where an initial deposit is paid (50%), the balance must be paid ash shown on the Pro-forma Invoice/Invoice, whether demanded by us or not. If this is not paid within 7 days of it being due, then we reserve the right to cancel the booking and cancellations charges may apply. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation without notice to you. NO exceptions. The balance due of rent, Government Hotel Tax, and damage deposit must be paid in full at least 60 to 30 days prior to your arrival, depending on the villa. The invoice will clearly state the Final settlement date, and by booking you agree to settle the dues as shown on the invoice.
Because of the personal nature of the accommodation with which you are being provided we will not accept a villa booking where the number in your party exceeds the number on the page of the chosen villa on this site nor will any booking deemed to have been accepted until the deposit has been received. The villa owner/ manager reserves the right to refuse entry to your party if both one of these situations arises and you will not receive any refund.
All payments must be wired to accounts and a proof of such transactions/Slips should be faxed or –emailed to us immediately, Fund transfers should be done in US Dollars. We will accept other currencies provided you have previously agreed an applicable rate of exchange with us at the time your payment is made. Once we receive the deposit we will provide you with a booking voucher with the full villa or house details giving confirmed dates and full details of the booking.
- The cost of electricity, mains water, basic cleaning and garden supplies, local taxes, staff salaries and management fees are included in the booking fee. If Internet facilities are available at the property, these will be included too. Laundry facilities may be provided at an additional cost, depending on the property and set up.
- Typically telephone, provisioning costs, transportation and extra services such as nannies, drivers, therapists, and tour and event organization costs will be your responsibility.
- Gratuities for property staff are encouraged and standard practice but are left to your discretion.
- Regarding the extra services (when foreseen) you must request them directly to us before your arrival. Extra service made after the reservation are subject to availability. Payment is due in cash upon your arrival to the representative or Villa management team.
- There will be a USD 50,00 charge for anyone who locks themselves out of a unit and requires additional keys made readily available for re-entry. The fee will be deducted from the security deposit. Furthermore, anyone who loses the keys will be responsible to pay for new locks for the whole property. The fee will be deducted from the security deposit as well. See below for Security Deposits and Accidental damage fee.
Access to villas will be between 2:00 to 3:00 pm on your day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10:00 am on the day of departure (or latest by 11:00 am, if you have written confirmation from us and we have agreed to allow early check in or late check outs, as villa staff need time for cleaning and servicing for next check in). Late check outs and early check-in are only possible subjected to availability. And if you need to secure an early check in then you must book in advance when confirming the holiday, same goes for late checkouts. However nearing your holiday that is at least 01 week before , you can also check if you can have a late checkout or early check in, as some owners if the villa is not busy, allows free early check in and late check outs. However this does not mean all owners allow this and some Owner will charge. Please ask us if you need early check in and late check outs and if they are free of charge or subjected to any additional costs.
We’ll need to know your arrival information (airline, flight number, arrival time, departure time, departure flight number) at least two weeks prior to your arrival on the island. While en route, it is required that you notify us if your flight is delayed or cancelled for any reason, so we can notify your villa Manager and car rental company of the delay. Failure to contact us, we will not be held responsible of any inconvenience or any losses as a direct result of this.
Airport Transfers can be arranged at favourable rates. We would require your confirmed flight details to arrange and confirm airport transfers and rates for the same. Please send the details When confirming your villa Holidays.
International and Domestic Air Booking
Reconfirmation of flight bookings is your responsibility. As Travel Arrangements may be booked to connect with international and domestic air flights it is Your or the travellers responsibility to keep us updated as to flight times and numbers.
You or any member of your party may cancel your booking at any time: In certain cases, any loss, if incurred involuntarily, may be covered by insurance that you may have taken out. Travel/Booking Insurance is strongly recommended. All Cancellations must be informed to us in writing and should have set dates clearly, as the process starts from the time we have received your request by email/writing.
If the balance or Final 50% of holiday money has not been received in due time set on invoice date, then we reserve the right to assume you are no longer coming and will look to re-let the villa or booked property. In all cases Cancellation charges below applies.
It is a condition of booking that you have adequate travel/booking and medical insurance, neither owners nor Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd will be responsible for any loses.
Cancellation by the property owner/s
If deemed necessary, the Company reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the property booking. In this unlikely event, We will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates, If this is not possible you will be offered the choice of renting another property through the Company (subject to availability) with the price difference payable by you/refundable by us as appropriate, or of receiving a full refund of all monies paid to the Villa Owner. No compensation is payable by the Company. Also note: we will refund the money received less USD 150 admin fee and bank charges.
Cancellation and Amendments
- For cancellations more than 70 days before the arrival date: loss of deposit and amendment charges (if applicable).
- For cancellations and/or amendments 40 – 69 days before the arrival date: 50% of the cost of your holiday or loss of deposit whichever is greater, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
- For cancellations 1 – 39 days before the arrival date: 100% of the cost of your holiday.
- For no-show: 100% of total rental amount will be forfeited.
- During peak periods: 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods. Peak Periods are usually: 14 Dec – 15 Jan, 25 Jan – 10 Feb, 01 Apr- 29 Apr , 01 Aug – 31 Aug. But may change depending on each year celebration calendar (e.g. Chinese New Year or Easter).
- Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
- Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
- If you need to amend booking dates, we will advise at the time whether this is possible and it will be dependent on availability. There will be USD 150 admin fee for each and every change. And This Cancellation rules here will come into Play for amendments.
- In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner or by us, Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.
- These cancellation terms apply for regular booking periods, but may be subject to change for peak or high seasons and will be communicated to you in all booking details.
Once we have accepted your booking and received payment of the deposit amount due, Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd will issue a booking invoice and Holiday confirmation confirming your booking. You will then be required to make full payment as set out above and below and in accordance with the villa policy:
PDT acts as a booking agent between the clients and villa owners and does not determine the individual rental terms, nor is it in a position to negotiate terms independently of the villa owner, unless having been authorised to do so.
Our range of properties is varied and some properties may require guests to be especially aware and respectful if they are located in a residential area. Certain conditions may apply to a particular property such as age limits, no smoking or no pets, which will either be listed on the website or communicated to you during the booking process.
PDT will act on your behalf and will make every effort to find the most suitable property to you and to negotiate all reasonable requests and expectations, to ensure your stay in Sri Lanka is pleasantly memorable and your holiday lives up to expectations.
- The Property is typically somebody’s home and should be treated accordingly. Any damage or losses to the property or contents during your stay, as well as special cleaning requirements will be charged to you or deducted from your security deposit.
- Any events or celebrations planned at the property, such as birthdays, anniversary celebrations, weddings or parties involving either more guests than those the property is advertised as being able to sleep or when such an event requires outside catering and or specialists such as DJs, wedding planners, decorations etc. it must be confirmed with the villa owner at the time of booking. Depending on the nature of the event, an additional security deposit and/or event fee may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the booking. Note: Not every Villa Owner allows events to take place at their property and failure to communicate the intention to hold an event at the time of booking, will be considered a breach of these terms and conditions, which may result in you being asked to vacate the Property without compensation.
- In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss, damage or anti-social behavior, the villa owner may ask you to vacate the property at any time without compensation or refund.
- The number of people staying overnight at the villa may not exceed the number (adults and children) given at the time of the booking confirmation, without prior confirmation by the villa owner.
- The safety and behavior of all any guests at the property are the sole responsibility of the lead guest who made the booking for renting the property. In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the villa at all times, especially with children. It is the responsibility of the lead guest to ensure that there is suitable adult supervision around pools, beaches and roads and when using all property facilities.
- All Villas are privately owned and neither the owners nor PDT will be responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The villa owner and PDT will not be responsible for the loss of personal belongings, finances or valuables of any guests during the stay on the property. Adequate travel insurance by for all members of your party is a condition of booking – please see para re Insurance below for more details.
- You agree, not to make any change or alteration to the villa or fix anything to the walls or damage it in any way or remove any of the furniture or effects or carry out any redecorations.
- If the Villa is let on “Villa only” basis, by booking with PDT, you agree to settle all the food related bills concerning your Villa holiday, directly with the villa(s). Prices in some menus will be shown, especially on the villas that use à la carte menus, However, most of the villas do not have a price: this is decided on the day’s price they purchase the food from the grocery and local fish and vegetable market. Some villas do come with breakfast included whilst lunches and dinners should be discussed with the chef (Please see our Blog ). By Booking and paying you agree that you you will release us from such food related expenses such as meals, groceries, ingredients and food or *transport related cost for food, You agree to settle all meal related costs directly with the villa before check out and release us of any responsibility(ties) or liability(ties).
*The Villa staff usually brings back a receipt and add a small fee for the Tuk-tuk travel cost or vehicle transport cost.
- You agree to respect the traditions, customs and laws of Sri Lanka and be respectful towards staff working at the villa, others sharing the property if applicable and of local neighbors and properties.
- You agree to keep a record of all land line telephone calls made during your stay and to pay such charges and any other charges incurred during your stay before departure from the property.
- You agree to pay for the washing and repair of any items belonging to the property, which are soiled or damaged during your stay, beyond reasonable wear and tear.
- You agree to allow the villa owners or PDT, or their representatives, access to the property at any time on reasonable notice, to carry out repairs, which may be necessary during your stay. In cases of emergency, no notice shall be necessary.
- You may not sublet the property.
- You may not ask any of the staff to leave the property other than to purchase food or goods that you have requested and provided funds for.
- You agree to report to the property manager or PDT any disrepair or defect to the property, or items belonging to the property, or issues with villa staff, as soon as possible. To enable PDT to act on your behalf we must be informed directly.
- Should you have a complaint during your stay, you agree to inform the villa owner, Manager or PDT immediately, who will endeavour to address your concern or issue. If no complaint is reported during your stay, PDT and the Owner will assume that your stay was to your satisfaction and no complaint will be entertained once you have left the property. To enable PDT to act on your behalf we must be informed directly.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the members of your party do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others. In such circumstances the villa owner/s and the Company have the right to terminate arrangements made on your behalf, in which case the Company’s responsibility to you ceases immediately and there can be no refunds, no payment of compensation and no reimbursement of any cost or expenses you may incur as a result. Further, you will be liable to reimburse the Company for any expenses whatsoever it incurs as a result of your behaviour.
The Villa Owner and PDT reserve the right to deny you access to or request you to leave the property if you break any of these terms after the confirmation of booking. You will not be entitled to a refund should this happen.
Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises. A pet, or evidence of a pet, found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and the guest’s rent and deposit will be forfeited. Some villas do allow pets and at the time of booking you need to check with us on a case-by-case basis.
Security Deposits and Accidental damage fee
Guests are responsible for the security of their villa during occupancy. You must keep all windows and doors locked securely at all times when not on the premises. You must observe all cautions explained by your Manager/Staff or local contact. Guests are responsible for keys and gate remotes. There is a US$50 charge for each set of lost keys. Gate control units will be charged at replacement cost. Be sure to follow instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart.
All bookings need a security deposit (the amount of the deposit depends on the property rented). It is due upon arrival to the owner of the villa or the Villa management team by way of cash, who will welcome you upon arrival. The deposit will guarantee any damage that might occur to the property. The deposit will be refunded at the time of departure (unless there is any charge for loss or damage of property). If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner or Villa Manager are entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined. The access to the villa will be refused in the event that the deposit is not payed upon the arrival. We will not be responsible in the event of a conflict between the customer and the Land lord regarding the security deposit. The customer is responsible for any damages to the property (external and internal areas) caused by carelessness during the guests rental stay. By Booking you agree to pay a Security Deposit when you are requested by the Manager/Owner to pay at the villa. While some villas may take Security deposits other will not request, When booking if you need to know more on this you can always ask us before booking, Amounts of security deposits (which is usually a Nights rental cost) and how you wish to pay this. After accepting the booking and for not noticing this, we will not be held responsible and if you decide to change to cancel your holiday, cancellation charges will be charged.
- Paragon Digital Tourism Pvt Ltd, is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss suffered by customers.
- Paragon Digital Tourism Pvt Ltd is not responsible if your stay is compromised by a natural disaster (earthquake, hurricanes) and won’t issue travel insurance coverage.
We would like to advise our clients that the Company randomly records telephone calls. This ensures that customer service is constantly improved.
Breakages & Cleanliness:
Our accommodation is made available for letting on the understanding that the property will be left clean and tidy at the time of checkout and all personal waste must be removed from the property. It is not our policy to take any security deposit: however, the customer will be held responsible for any damage or breakages to the property, caused by the customer and in the event of such occurrence, the incident must be reported to the villa owner or their representative immediately and appropriate compensation made. Customers are not permitted to move any furniture or equipment without prior written consent from the villa owner or ourselves. In the event of such permission being granted, it is the customer’s responsibility to return the same to its original position before checkout. Under no circumstances must any property for use inside the property, be moved outside.
We expressly exclude: Any Claim related to Bonds, or charges levied by the property including mini-bar, excess guests or other charges paid directly to the accommodation, or where you dispute with the property manager about whether a refund is due as such disputes must be resolved directly with the property manager/Owner/Head staff; Any other costs or loss you may incur including airfares, travel costs or currency variations;
Rental Regret – we will not make any payment based on your regret at selecting the property because of its location, quality of fittings or furnishings, noise, privacy, size, extent of view or ambience, unsuitability or any other aspect based on subjective assessment or opinion.
Cleanliness – if you are not satisfied with the cleanliness of a property upon your Arrival, you must contact the Property Manager immediately to arrange a re-clean. We will make no payment based on cleanliness or state of repair.
Substitutes – we will not make any payment where the property manager offers to move you to another property or offers you an alternative property which you decline.
Whether the cost of any air-conditioning is included in the villa price, or paid for as a supplement, the units must only be used while you are in the property, with all windows and doors kept closed. Under no circumstances must the units be left on continuously while the property is unoccupied. Where the air-conditioning is payable extra, should you elect to use this facility it must be paid for at the advertised rate which is not negotiable. Units are situated in each bedroom only, unless otherwise stated on the accommodation description.
Building & Development Work
Many Villas are continuing to develop, sometimes rapidly and intensively and often with little or no advance warning. Whilst we have no control over such work, as a responsible Tour Operator/Villa rental Agent, it is important to us that you are aware of any significant building/ refurbishment work that may be going on during your stay. General refurbishment at Villas and Beach houses are necessary to maintain standards, but if we are informed of such work, we will try to notify you of any activity as soon as possible, however near to your arrival this may be. However any uninformed information updates should not be held against us: we think at the time of booking if you have any doubts you can clarify these doubts and we will be happy to assist you of the right conditions, if not we cannot be held later if something is not up to your expectations. There are sometime building works happening close to the house or next doors and these noises or any disturbances or noises cannot be foreseen and we cannot be held responsible of such situations.
Baby Cots and Extra Beds
Most of our villas can provide one baby cot and/or one extra bed. Please check with us should this be required. It should be noted that the extra bed would be of the folding ‘camp bed’ style and therefore may only be suitable for a child. Baby cots are usually of the portable ‘travel cot’ style.
Complaints & Maintenance
In case of a maintenance problem, the guests shall notify their island property manager who will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible. No refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa immediately.
Paragon Digital Tourism PVT LTD cannot also be responsible of any luggage losses either when travelling through any transport services provided by us or at the Airport/s or at the villas or any properties sold by us, all doors in the villas and the coaches or any means of transport to be kept tightly closed/locked and at your own risks.
Alterations by the Company
Although the Company makes every effort to ensure that advertised descriptions are correct, it does not own any of the villas and therefore cannot control or prevent changes. Although changes to villas advertised are infrequent, the Company reserves the right to change the description of any villa or service at any time, in which case we will endeavor to notify you of all changes before commencement of the booking date, if it is practical to do so. No compensation will be payable by the Company in such cases. No claims will be accepted for costs or additional expenses incurred as a result of any changes.
Health, Passport and Visas
It is your responsibility to ensure that you and other members of your party obtain the right inoculations and medical advice before you travel. Similarly, it is your responsibility to ensure that you and other members of your party have correct and valid passports, visas and have conformed to all other requirements pertaining to your travel arrangements before the holiday commences.
Should you require assistance on this matter we will be pleased to make recommendations. We will not be held responsible for you travelling without the correct travel documents.
It is a condition of booking that all members of your party are fully covered for travel to and in Sri Lanka, loss, theft and damage of personal effects and for medical insurance, including emergency evacuation and repatriation, before arriving in Sri Lanka.
By confirming a booking through the payment of the deposit or the full payment, you signify that you have arranged for full insurance coverage of everyone in your party and in doing so absolve the owner and PDT or its subsidiaries or representatives of all and any liability whatsoever in this regard.
We carefully check the information given on our website and on our holidays about villa and beach houses and any other accommodation, resorts, etc. Therefore, changes may be made to the particulars on this. In these circumstances we will notify you of changes before you book. However, please bear in mind that Property owners (villas, Beach houses and any other type of house), restaurateurs, nightclub owners etc., may wish to maintain or improve their facilities, or even take a break themselves. Circumstances such as these, or weather conditions such as heavy winds and monsoon rains, and most Beach properties (Villas and Beach houses) in Sri Lanka are in-between the main road and the beach the at times in some villas it is possible to hear noises of the traffic and we cannot be held responsible for such geographical or locations issues, etc.
Some owners change facilities of the house time to time, e.g. Wi-Fi, fans items in the kitchen or furniture and may cause some of the amenities we have described to be unavailable or different from those advertised on our website or from any third party websites we may have listed or any agents who work with us. Responsibilities of Images used on our website/Flipkey/ TripAdvisor/ or any third Party foreign agents who use images of the properties none can be held against us. If we are told of any significant or long term changes we will always try to advise you prior to your arrival. But in any of these cases no refunds can be claimed to us and all issues should be dealt direct with the owners or Managers without involving us in any situation. We will only provide you the necessary contacts we have been in touch with and the rest is yours and the owners/Managers Business.
Exclusion of Liability
In consideration of the fact that the Company (PDT) acts only as a booking agent, the Company (PDT) accepts no liability whatsoever for any aspect of the arrangements and in particular, accepts no liability for any loss, personal injury/illness or death however incurred. Although the Company uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of all information provided and the quality and facilities of the villas, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any problems that occur while guests occupy the villa of their choice. All information has been provided in good faith and no liability is accepted whatsoever by the Company for any misrepresentation of villa material, images or accommodation. All Images, Information of the property or facilities are provided by the Villa manager/owner or has been received as instructed by the owner/manager/Marketing department from villas or from other sources, and we are not directly responsible for any misrepresentation of the villas or beach house or any properties we a feature: we only act as a booking agent and any claims regarding such issues should be addressed direct to the villa owner/Managers and any refunds due to such situations are not done through our agency rather we assist you with providing all information and contacts for you to deal direct with the owners.
If the owner agrees to refund anything (this depends if the owner had time to re-let the villa to some other party, providing you have given sufficient time or if on their point of view something is justifiable for their opinions, if both parties have disagreements then it is advisable to seek legal assistance), or not to refund, it is the owner’s own decision. However, you will only receive from the owner minus our commissions (which will be decided on a case by case basis), in any case we do not provide as a Booking Agent any refunds. We personally visit these properties once a year to see the conditions and facilities and if it should be marketed with our rentals: we promote properties that we believe have good standards. Saying this however does not give you any grounds to make any claims in case in your opinion you think the house is not in any good standards to market/promote/let. Please kindly note that most beach villa properties have some difficulties in maintenance due to Sea Breeze, Salt, Corrosions and wind and Monsoon rains etc. These weather conditions make difficult to maintain, even though every 3 to 6 months owners make a great effort to live up to the images and its claims. Some aspects of the property may have changed by the time you come to make your booking, for example, items of furniture may have been removed by the owner. We cannot accept any liability if this situation should arise.
We promise to use reasonable skill and care in making your booking and selecting the property owners and hotels we work with. We have no responsibility for the properties themselves or for any services provided by property owners or other suppliers or for the acts or omissions of any property owner or other supplier or any of their employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors.
We act only as an agent for the property supplier or other supplier concerned. Your contract for your accommodation is directly with the property owner/manager/supplier concerned. We accept no liability in relation to the accommodation itself or for the acts or omissions of the property or hotel concerned or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. All complains regarding to the property should be dealt direct with Property Management or Property owners, when necessary such contacts will be given to the booked travel agent/ direct guest.
Links to other sites
The Site contains links to third party Web Sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd of the contents on such third party Web Sites. PDT nor any of its subsidiaries is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web Sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Web Sites, you do so at your own risk.
- The description of the property and the surrounding locations are provided in good faith and are accurate based on the latest inspection and information received from the villa owner. The villas are typically private homes and with that are not comparable with official tourist structures, hotels or resorts. As such, they do not fall under industry standards and ratings but rather reflect the architecture, furnishings and facilities of the owner’s personal tastes. PDT cannot be held responsible for any modifications, inaccuracies or the general interior design at the time of arrival to the property.
- Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and not as an endorsement by PDT or its subsidiaries. PDT or its subsidiaries are not responsible for the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. However, please do contact us with any comments you may have, which we will either pass on to the website owners or use to determine whether to maintain the link.
- PDT or its subsidiaries and the villa owner will not be held responsible for any experiences due to external circumstances during your stay. This may include, but is not exclusive to, storms or unpredictable weather conditions, behaviour of locals or others on or around the property, damage or loss of personal property or finances, vehicles, the contents of vehicles and drivers used, hired or engaged by you while on the property or during your stay in Sri Lanka.
- PDT and the villa owner will not be held responsible for any delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, threatened or actual terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, or any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or other problems or difficulties with the villa which make it unsafe or unusable, or any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God, or other events beyond the villa owner’s control.
- PDT uses its own and a number of organisations, agents and companies to provide transportation, accommodation or events management throughout Sri Lanka and shall not be held responsible for their conduct and/or injury or loss sustained to, or suffered by any member of the party or their guests, if an agreement has been made with these by your request.
In no case will Paragon Digital Tourism Pvt. Ltd. or the Owner, individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
For the avoidance of any doubt, neither Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd or its representatives nor the Owner Manager or any property listed or recommended by Paragon Digital Tourism(PVT) Ltd or its subsidiaries will be responsible for any financial loss or for damage to the belongings or luggage of any persons permitted to occupying the property or for any injury sustained by them or any member of their party whilst such persons are either staying at the property or travelling to from or in Sri Lanka whether on their way to the property or not, Paragon Digital Tourism (PVT) Ltd uses a number of organisations agents and companies in providing transport and or accommodation throughout Sri Lanka and shall not be held responsible in any way for their conduct and or death, injury and or loss sustained to or suffered by any member of the party or their companions for any reason whatsoever.
This agreement will be governed by the laws of Sri Lanka. In the event of controversy arising from the booking and property rental, only the Sri Lankan Courts can deal with the matter.
The payment of the deposit or full payment of the rental fee will constitute your agreement of all terms and conditions of rental as listed above.
If any of the conditions of this agreement are or become or are deemed to be invalid then subject to law, or if there is any omission from any terms and conditions, the remaining terms and conditions will remain valid and enforceable and cannot be contested.